Fat Bard's got a Patreon page (woot)

fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner
Hey fine Bscotch folks,

Patrick with Fat Bard here, part of the duo making the music/FX for Crashlands, as well as the upcoming fully fleshed out version of Narwhal Online. With Seth's permission I'm posting about the Patreon campaign we just kicked off. If you're interested in our schtuff check out the video on our site, linked below.

http://www.patreon.com/fatbard

What is Patreon? It’s a website where you can contribute to artists on a frequency basis; in our case it’s every month. We have different contribution levels, each with different benefits and perks. This isn’t a “fund my life” deal, we’re putting all the proceeds directly back into the business to cover costs like new hardware, software, and advertising.

We’re starting our campaign by doing a cover of a video game each month. The song and style will be chosen by Patreon subscribers. Want Final Fantasy in gypsy jazz? Contra in klezmer? We’re up for whatever fun/crazy requests we get. Once our monthly contributions reach a certain goal we’re going to add more perks to being a subscriber, from monthly sneak peeks at what we’re working on (maaaybe some Bscotch stuff :smile:to instructional videos about game scoring.

We’re kicking off our campaign with a free download of “The Lost Woods” from Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. We opted to go for a chill rock version of the tune. Anyone who signs up will get a free download of it as a welcome gift.

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

Comments

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    PROPS. These are some good dudes making awesome stuff. If you can spare a buck or two a month, it'd be well spent throwing it their way.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Oh man, I totally would if i had a spare buck. Soon as my other-half starts working... or I get some Patrons of my own on my art patreon. :/

The music in Crashlands was fantastic. You all did a fantastic job with it. And that's a huge compliment considering I usually play games muted because sounds annoy me. Would love to hear more of your stuff. ^_^

Wish you the best of luck getting some extra support there guys. Can't wait to see what else you come up with for BScotch in the future too. Excellent mix.

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    @MeaKitty‌ Thanks a ton for the compliments! We're glad folks in the alpha appreciated the sounds enough to play a mobile game with the music on. There's a staggering statistic about muting sound in mobile games and we hope to change that up, the same way BScotch wants to create a console quality game on mobile with Crashlands. I'd gladly swap $1 contributions on Patreon if you'd like :). What's your Patreon page? I'd be interested to see your art.

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

• UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    Man, your music is awesome!
    I kept the game files on my phone just to be able to listen the intro theme!
    Yet, I still have no possibility to become a Patron, sorry (but I'll keep that in mind!)
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

edited November 2014
    @Ulnarevern‌ wow thanks that's quite a compliment! No worries if you can't contribute, I'll also take compliments and link shares too!

www.FatBardMusic.com

@PattyC‌http://www.patreon.com/Meakitty =D That would be awesome. Looks kinda lonely with just one patron there. Know the feeling about tryin' to get your name out there.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

@MeaKitty‌ Done and done :). I used my gamer name George Benson. After looking at your page I think one thing that would help a lot is to have a pitch video instead of a time lapse of your drawing skills. Even if it's just a webcam video of you using your current text pitch as the script it would make it more personal and hopefully pull in a few more folks. Nice art, I like the cat themed drawings in particular!

www.FatBardMusic.com

Awesome, thank you. And I'll defintely look into that. Going to re-edit my tiers (for the 5th time) to see if that helps. Had a bit of feedback from a good repeat customer so hopefully by the end of the weekend there'll be a few more things up to entice new people. ^_^

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

@MeaKitty‌ you should for sure check out Dog Bomber on Tumblr. Some nice dog folk to compliment your cat work. Collaboration in the future? :)

www.FatBardMusic.com

Actually, as you'll come to find out most of my work at the moment is dragons. You cant' pass by 3 statuses on Facebook without seeing dragons on my timeline. And that's mostly what people ask for. I have no idea why. Cats are way better than dragons. >.>

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @MeaKitty‌ AGREED ON ALL COUNTS.

Also, how are things? It's been a while!
    With me? I've been hanging around in and out of this place, just not much to comment on. Been working hard on art, and trying to get Patreons (I did completely revamp it @PattyC‌, if you were interested in checking out, still haven't done a new video though) although I'm up to 5 and $28 per month now, thanks to one gracious patron who pledged $20. So that made me uber happy.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

@MeaKitty‌ Yeah I like the new pitch you've got. You can simply use that as a script for the video; sometimes just humanizing the pitch can help a lot. Glad to see folks contributing! BTW I like the new eggnog drawing sneak peek, it's pretty darn cute :).

www.FatBardMusic.com