Options

How do you play Roid Rage?

bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
edited December 2014 in Roid Rage
For some reason I always go left when I play Roid Rage. Of course I change my direction to get juice but generally speaking I typically move left with maybe a little up momentum. That made me wonder how other people played this game and which is the prefered direction to go (if there is one)...

How do you play Roid Rage? 16 votes

Left
18% 3 votes
Right
37% 6 votes
Up
12% 2 votes
Down
6% 1 vote
No particular direction
25% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    Top left corner, I have 3,7' device so that's the only place I can see further (yes, I have 3 other corners, but this is my favourite). I have also rule "do not go back for juice" so I go only one way (more or less).
  • Options
    @Etrusan‌ so pretty much the same way i go. I should probably add the corners to the poll
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    @bsb333‌ That's a good idea!
  • Options
    Unluckily it seems like you can't change the poll anymore once you posted it...
  • Options
    Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    I need to adopt the don't go back idea,  I get greedy then die.  Probably why I can't go above 15 most of the time 
  • Options
    HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    I go back if I think it's safe. I hate going a long way without seeing any juice. Another poll idea would be which ship do you use... 
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    Right and corners for me!
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    akkmedakkmed Bscotch Posts: 20 Babbyscotch
    I go up-right. I go back for juice all the time. My strongest runs tend to have more looping because getting stuck in a box is what kills but building and flexing that looping muscle allows for more outs in my experience. 
  • Options
    @akkmed yeah i also loop around and sometimes just wait until i can get  the juice 
  • Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    left, right, left, right, left, right, around in a left loop, around a right loop, straight into an asteroid. >.> May not actually make that many turns though. XD

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    ceanjiceanji Bscotch Posts: 23 Butter Churner
    I just search aimlessly hoping not to die.....again.
  • Options
    bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    I love that this is one of two questions that could be asked about Roid Rage gameplay, and it was polled.

I'm more a down and left person myself.
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    edited January 2015
    I suppose the other thing you could ask is, "How does it feel when you die in Roid Rage?"

Answers:
    - Bad
    - Really Bad
    - Extremely Bad

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    @bscotchAdam‌ Well i don't know but it just feeled so strange to go left when many games teach you to go right (i really wouldnt want to change that) but i'm just more comortable going left in this game and wanted to know how other people felt about this ... also maybe i was bored^^
  • Options
    ZettianJuggernautZettianJuggernaut Bscotch Posts: 7 Babbyscotch
    Up, my reaction time is better going up. I've tried go every direction, but up always worked best for me, and but go back unless I'm really sure I can make it back.
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @Bscotchseth I can't answer that since it can be each reaction depending on the way I died
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.