Options

Inkscapade

UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
edited December 2014 in Off Topic
Hello guys! I just wanted to brag show you my second Inkscape drawing and know what you think of it. I used a model for the base line (face and eyes). The rest was made freely.

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

Comments

• Options
    B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    She is beautiful!! Haha! That looks pretty damn awesome! You seem to have spent quite a lot of time on that hair though since it has so much detail. I must say that that's pretty well done! However, criticism is inevitable hehe! The hair slightly goes haywire around the middle and her forehead is weird. I don't know why but maybe you should add some hair there or something. You could also try making it a slightly more straight line or something so it doesn't look as big and... hairless.Overall, it's better than anything I could do in that bloody software haha!!
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    edited December 2014
    The model helped a lot I think. Thanks for the input I'll look at it :)

EDIT:
    If anyone bothers to read this and if you'd like to (MAYBE) see your re-drawn face and send a pic of your face to a PERFECT STRANGER (face and side by the way), contact me by PM. Some guys like to live dangerously.
    Basically, if someone is interested:
    I may improvise myself as an artist for a project I have with @CBenoit‌ so if I ever get this face-drawing thing done, it may be used in this project. That's the ultimate goal but I make no guarantees of any kind.
    Except that I won't use anything without your consent or for any other purpose if you ever take part in this thing by sending me a pic.

@B3A5T‌
    I tweaked a few things and I have understood what you meant BUT
    - As for the forehead it would kinda require me to redraw/modify a big part of the drawing (aaaaand I'm kinda lazy sometimes, plus I often work in one-shots and then just bring some tweaks... Bad habit I guess).
    - About the hair... DAMN YOU'RE RIGHT. The problem is that hair is overlapping weirdly but I don't know how to proceed. In fact I simply drew some hair and then I simply filled the gaps with more hair. In retrospection, it was probably a bad idea.
    It would require to re-order the different shapes but I don't really feel like spending my time on this. I guess that I'll be more careful next time and I'll follow a precise order (since this one was a simple try).
    I still tried a little tweaking but I don't think that would fix what you  saw.

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.