MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
Yeah, little late but I've had a busy week of "vacation".

Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas 

(no matter what you celebrate, replace your wording of choice and enjoy the sentiment)

and are off to a great 2015.

Now, where's my Crashlands
@BscotchAdam‌ @BscotchSam‌ @BscotchSeth‌ !!!? 

So what's everyone's new year plans? Anyone got anything fantastical going on this year? What does everyone hope to achieve by the end of it? This time next year what do you wanna look back at the year just gone and be thinking?

Me? I wanna be able to say that I've improved in my art. I want to be working at least part time on creating and selling whatever creative thing comes to mind. I have so many unfinished products and images, and I keep looking at my poor buried crafting table and thing "one day I'll get all that stuff organised and actually put together." 

Was supposed to be doing that during my holidays, but it always seems that I'm missing something that I need to be able to continue whatever project I throw myself in to for an hour.

This year though, I'm going to do it. I'm going to get organised, make myself an art space, and get it all done. On time.... kinda.... sorta.... well, within a week of my deadlines... after I push them back a month.... or two..... 

~~~***~~~ 
MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
See my other work at
Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
 ~|
Redbubble | Zazzle |~
Or just pledge to support me directly
~| 
My Patreon |~

Comments

• UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    edited January 2015
    HAPPY NEW YEAR (AND ALL) EVERYONE!

My projects for this new year?
    No idea. Or a lot of stuff that I aim to accomplish sooner or later. Right now, I would like to play a bit with Inkscape, write and maybe translate my stories. Also getting back to GDevelop to do random stuff.
    The AWESOME goal would be to get the help from a friend to get a beautiful website (that's not a pre-conceived one) to put some of my creations on it. OR getting one of my stories edited. In other words getting something done for the career I'd love to follow. And successfully pass my year (that shouldn't be a problem).

But in other objectives:
    - Working A LOT on myself.
    - Finishing some of my projects (writing related or not)
    - Trying to stay positive and nice to everyone (or almost)
    - Maybe finding a new girlfriend since I got dumped two months and a half ago. But this is not an objective.
    - Learning to discuss more with people
    - Lot of things probably
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @MeaKitty‌ AW YEAH HOLIDAYS AND VACATIONS!!! We're also in a serious lull right now after many holiday activities. To answer the Crashlands question: now that we've got everything back out on Android with BscotchID and debugged, we'll be porting it all to iOS. Shouldn't take long to do, though it will take a while to actually appear on iTunes because Apple. We'll be working on Crashlands in parallel, and once the porting is done we'll all be on it FULL THROTTLE. So expect some progress posts on our blog over the next weeks and few months. Our goal is still a March launch, but the remaining systems (mostly for quests and story) are complex and anything could happen. We'll have early access versions going earlier on, at first just on Android, then we'll add PC, and finally iOS.

@ulnarevern Best of luck with Inkscape and web dev! Hand-coding websites is pretty easy (but labor-intensive) these days with HTML5 and CSS3. Since you can test your sites locally, I'd recommend just jumping in and making static webpages on your computer. If you have a specific task in mind, sketch out what you'd like it to look like and then just start trying to create it. There are great tutorials and code snippets EVERYWHERE.

As for my own New Years goals, the main one is to develop my webdev knowledge as far as possible to drive the web-connected phase of Bscotch games. Now that we have BscotchID going, the next web project will be Narwhal Online with its community-level features. After that we'll likely make some sort of asynchronous multiplayer game. And then, with luck, we'll be ready for realtime multiplayer. Right now we don't have the infrastructure or knowledge to nail all this stuff, but we also didn't have it for BscotchID until we just DID IT.

More personally, I'd like to get back to writing and tackle the novel that I started a few years ago. I'd written and edited about half of the content I wanted (~160 pages), but the project was too unplanned and turned into an unmanageable mess. So I want to start that thing over and do it right.
  • UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @BscotchAdam Good luck with your novel and all the Bscotch related work!
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Didn't you say that with the bscotch ID we could play the Android and pc version for crashlands interchangeably? I would love to be able to do both
  • bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @duh8383‌ That's the plan! We'll be using the same approach as in ButteredUp Towelfight 2.
  • Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Great! I think crashlands on pc will be a little easier to work with. But also working on it on the phone will help conquer the world
  • fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    I plan to get in ANY shape physically, whatever that may end up being. I plan to turn this video game music/FX stuff up a notch and make it something sustainable that I can continue to do for the rest of my life. I plan to play a lot of Crashlands, and force everyone I know to do so as well :).

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com