Options

A proposal. Let's restart with a clean slate

ceanjiceanji Bscotch Posts: 23 Butter Churner
   So it came to my attention that Quadrapus Rampage's high score may be difficult if not impossible to beat because there was a glitch here and there in the past that has now been discovered. So in order to make the playing field a bit more even I propose that the top scores of all the games be purged and start a new. The old scores will be preserved with an asterisk much like the movie 61* On the website for all to see.
That way any new comers don't face a seemingly impossible high score. 

The original high score is preserved. But the new official high score can be reset for all new comers and the veterans can embarrass us new comers.  I propose that this should happen 3 months after the release of Crashlands. This way everyone has a heads up before the purge and an even playing field before the high score wipe. Maybe purge the achievements as well? It's just a thought. What do y'all think?

Comments

• Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    No way I'm not giving up all my high scores.
  • Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    @bscotchAdam do you know if anyone  exploited live ^2  bug? I only really went cracy on normal mode when it still was extremly easy to go  on for ever. Didn't use any other bug to my advantage though and since i put a lot of work into them i really don't want them taken from me...
    ps. I think this is my hundreth post yeah!
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @bsb333 The thing is that exploiting the "bug" made it impossible to reach now. That's why I signalled it here on the forums. Too easy and kinda useless. Personally I'm with @ceanji but only for Quadropus Rampage best normal dives. Our scores are ridiculously high, impossible to attain again and we do not really deserve them. Other high scores should be kept, as for the achievements. Everyone earned them honestly, by playing a lot. In my opinion at least and if Bscotch Brothers consider resetting High scores.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    edited February 2015
    @Ulnarevern Well I would be fine with resetting the normal dive scores. I for myself think they are unfair and would love to have some competition :) What i wanted to say is that it would be too much to delete all of them and that i really hope that nobody exploited some other bug to get so far down to make it impossible to beat their score in another mode
  • Options
    R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
    I like the idea of a wipe, with the * to denote a legacy highscore. Seems like it would satisfy both parties,  because although exploit highscores are unachievable now those people who got them still must have spent a considerable amount of time to do it.
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    The bros and I will discuss!
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @bsb333 My bad i didn't understand correctly :blush:
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.