Options

BScotchID Perk Unlock Bug

R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
It seems that reaching level 15 in BScotchID does not unlock the related perk, at least for me it still shows the progress bar almost complete. I have closed the app/restarted/logged in on other games and all to no avail. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Huh. If anyone else had this problem, sound off below.

Each Perk has a trigger for when it updates; the one for level should be when it calculates your level. It's been quite a while since I looked at that code...

One thing you can try is the "Clear Cache" option in the Title screen -> Profiles page. This deletes all of the downloaded info about Perks and avatars, and also wipes your local record of your Perks. So long as you've synced you won't lose any data. When you got back to the Title screen it'll redownload everything and repopulate the Perks.

I kinda doubt that'll work though, since this is happening in all your games. I'll take a look under the hood and see if I can spot anything.
  • Options
    R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
    edited February 2015
    @BscotchAdam The issue has resolved itself, the progress bar is complete and I was notified about the perk unlock. I played a few games on FR/TF2  since posting, with the original issue persisting, and came back again, this time it sorted itself. So massive lag? Thanks for the prompt response though, I had been working towards unlocking that perk for awhile and appreciate you trying to help me
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Sure thing. There is some potential lag for all Perks, since they have to be uploaded to the server by the current game to be then downloaded by the OTHER game, and the referesh time is ~10 minutes (to keep bandwidth usage low).

Level is a similar thing. It is only calculated when your stats sync to the server.