Options

THE FORUMS HAVE MOVED!!!

bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
edited February 2015 in BscotchID

https://forums.bscotch.net

PERMANENTLY.

What happens to your old posts?
Everything that existed as of yesterday afternoon as been (more or less) successfully ported. NOTHING ELSE will be, but feel free to re-post any of the content you've made since yesterday. Uploaded images and other files will eventually break, so if there is anything you REALLY WANT, make sure you download it from these forums.

Everything is too small on my phone!
I know, I'm working on it! Should be looking nice and schnazzy sometime tomorrow.

The new forums do a whole bunch of stuff wrong!
I believe you. All changes are negotiable, so we'll put up a thread asking for comments in a few days. BUT WAIT UNTIL WE'RE DONE SETTING IT UP!

What happens to forums.butterscotch-shenanigans.com?
By the end of the week it will redirect you to the new forums, and then we'll burn it to the ground.

Make the move and have fun!

Comments

• Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    edited February 2015
    Just been there looks nice though i am really confused by it right now and it also feels strange...
    tried to post something but i think it then told me that i cannot reply there and since then i haven't seen the reply button anymore
  • Options
    WILL GET ON IT.

Could you log in ok?
  • Options
    Yup
  • Options
    Seth fixed it!
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    I like it!
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    I love it! Just why is the general chat in testing section?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    @bscotchAdam Still don't really see where i can either make new posts or comment. Only thing i see is the private message button
  • Options
    @Ulnarevern Fixed!

@bsb333 It'll take a little getting used to (and some more fixing, on my end). Once you click through to a particular forum (e.g. Butterscotch Central) you'll see the list of topics (which is what you start with on these forums). At the top-left of that list you'll see an "Add New Topic" button (assuming the permissions are set up right). Once you go into a topic to look at the posts, at the bottom left you'll see a "Post Reply" button. Hope that helps get you started!

ON THAT NOTE: If any of you are really familiar with phpBB forums and are also interested in being a moderator, shoot me a PM.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well the first time went on the new forums I actually saw the "Post reply" button but after i clicked on it and nothing happend (or got an error message not sure) it seems to be gone. Also I don't find the add new topic button where it should be
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    "Add new topic" is inside of the forum categories in this new forum layout. Basically, the new one is more categorically organized, whereas this one (the old one) focuses on most recent topics, with little emphasis on topic/category.

However, permissions might still be screwy, so we're sorting out kinks!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    Just fixed permissions; anyone logged in with BscotchID can now create new topics and reply to topics!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Yep, turns out Seth didn't actually fix it... Supposedly he has for real now.