Options

Bad german on the google appstore for "Flop Rocket"

jpdevelopjpdevelop Bscotch Posts: 3 Babbyscotch
hi scotchbrothers,

The first excerpt the appstore displays for the game reads like a very very bad auto translate of a funny English text.
I am not sure if google auto translates or if you guys put the text up there.

It says: "Statten Sie Ihre Rakete, schießen Spaceducks, und explodieren Worms auf Ihrem Weg zu SPAAACE!".. this is really just gibberish.

The rest of the app description after the "read more" is in english (so that is fine, at least for me).

But you might want to do something about that first impression.

"Baue Deine Rakete, schieß auf Weltraumenten und jag Würmer in die Luft auf Deinem Weg in den Weltraum!"

(that's my translation from gibberish to German for that sentence)

Have a nice day,
JP

Comments

• Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    Czech translation is also rubbish. I'll look at it later and sent you the correct version.
  • Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    edited February 2015
    @jpdevelop Yeah noticed that too. But most apps do have bad short descriptons in other languages like that when you look at it.
    And also nice to have you here!
    P.S. i think it would be even better like this: Vebessere deine Rakete, schieße auf Weltraumenten und  jage gigantische Würmer in die Luft. Erlebe das und vieles mehr auf deinem Weg ins Weltall
  • Options
    jpdevelopjpdevelop Bscotch Posts: 3 Babbyscotch
    @bsb333 definitely a better translation :)
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    This is automatic translation. And it sucks in every language. French version is ridiculous too :)
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    @Ulnarevern I don't understand why google just can't let it be as it is in english...
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    edited February 2015
    Thanks y'all!

I had no idea that it auto-translated the tagline. That sucks.

I added a German localization (could take a few hours to show up)  using your translation. The tagline can only be 80 characters, so I condensed it to: "Vebessere deine Rakete und schieße auf Weltraumenten auf deinem Weg ins Weltall." I Google-Translated the rest and made edits until it translated right back to English nearly perfectly. If it still looks like garbage let me know!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @bscotchAdam that sounds pretty good. Now you are one of the few developers that actually have a good sounding tagline in another language! I could work on the ones of the other games too if you want me to
  • Options
    Sure! But only if doing so is something you enjoy.
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @bsb333 Because Google. I put a topic on the new forums (Bscotch General Chat) if you want to translate the headlines in your language and put a French version suggestion :smile: 
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    OOOH THANKS! I should probably be directing people over there too...