Options

A random game concept about sheep and "teamplay"

UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
edited July 2014 in Game Dev

Here is a random game concept.

Don't even wonder why I came up with this idea.

The game would be kinda similar to Lemmings (deadly traps and a bunch of stupid creatures) with some endless running stuff (or not endless, whatever). Each sheep would be controlled by a single player.

The goal is to keep your sheep alive as long as possible, by dodging, jumping, slowing or accelerating.

The twist/original thing is that some traps are forced to kill some sheep before the other can sheep pass it (something like Deaths in the list here : http://www.venbrux.com/freeware.php ). Some other traps would just crush the middle or the end of the horde.

I think it could be really fun to see how people react.

Edit: If someone is interrested you know what to do!

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

Comments

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer

HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOUR IDEAS, MAN!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    SeiferTimSeiferTim Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper Posts: 75 Shenaniduke

Sounds like Flockers, but the multiplayer aspect could be neat. 

• Options

I usually have some confidence in my ideas but this one is just not a game I would create by myself. If someone is interested, you can make your own game using this idea (just tell me before please).

And yes now that you mention it it looks like Flockers X) (fact is every awesome concept I imagine has already some equivalent, but not as awesome. Yet it is never completely unique. That's boring)

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options

TRANSFORM ICE?

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options

I tried this game and yeah, the concept i wrote above is somewhat like this but much more lemmings-like.

Their concept is interessing but sadly it is only a short flash game. :|

• Options

If you're going to have a game about sheep, it should be a full-on RTS with ranked multiplayer and esports features. Because, you know, come on.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options

I feel like you're ready for this Seth!

That could be fun somehow.

• Options
    CBenoitCBenoit Bscotch Posts: 12 Babbyscotch
    I'm going to try to do a game like that during a game jam in my engineer school ;)

• Options
    YAY ! Have fun :)

• Options
    CBenoitCBenoit Bscotch Posts: 12 Babbyscotch
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, finally I did somthing totally different as you have seen on compil games board x)
  • Options
    NO MATTER. GAME IS STILL NICE.

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    It is the nature of a game jam that you never know what you're going to get. For our last one, all we knew was that we wanted to have some interesting community interaction and that "fence" was a theme. Then we ended up with Narwhal Online, which did indeed fall within the generic goal but those specifics were PRETTY DANG SURPRISING.