Options

Musics ? What da ya like overhere ?

CBenoitCBenoit Bscotch Posts: 12 Babbyscotch

Hello there,

I was wondering, there is a thread about books, an entire forum about games, but nothing about musics. So, here it is !
No needs to be exhaustive, just here to share some nice songs.

So, personally, I found my first favorites into video games. That's why quality is sometimes a little bit cheapy.

Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage 1 / 2
Deus Ex - The Synapse

Deus Ex - UNATCO
Deus Ex - Main Title
Fire Emblem : Radiant Dawn - Eternal Bond
Fire Emblem - Together we ride
Starfox - Cornera Theme
Mario Kart 64 - Rainbow Road (check
Mark Kump's version tribute to his uncle)
A theme for Monkey Island (this one is a nice cover to my mind)
Little Big Adventure 2 - Theme (around my really first video game)

When I was watching animes, I seen some good to me musics...

The jazzy Baccano's opening
Drrrrr / Durara / Durarara opening
Arrietty's Song (the singer is french by the way !!)
dothack OSTs, for example .hack//SIGN with the key of the twilight.
Initial D OST's, mostly great, for example Running in the 90's, full of energy !
Angel Beats comes with great songs as well, like Theme of SSS...
... and I discovered The Girls Dead Monster band into.

And, a friend show me this metal song, I found it nice :
ELUVEITIE - The Call Of The Mountains

I hope you just discovered good musics !
Now's your turn guys ! :smile: 

Comments

• Options
    fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    edited July 2014

I'm a sucker for RPG OSTs. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 6 come to mind. RPGs need great music since you're gonna hear it a TON; most play throughs take at least 20 hours. Also I love that there's commonly music for each character to help flesh them out. It's a very classical approach. Probably part of the reason RPGs are my favorite game genre.

I love jazz. My favorite jazz song ever is Milestones (new version) by Miles Davis. Cannonball Adderly does the my favorite jazz solo ever. I had to sing the whole thing by heart for a class in college once.

I love funk. Check out Parliament, especially their ridiculous 70s stuff like The Clones of Dr Funkenstein. Those concert videos are awesome. Gwar totally took notes from this band. Or if you want some rockabilly flair Cake does a cool blend of genres. Fashion Nugget and Prolonging the Magic are my fav albums.

I love classic, indie, and 90's rock. Weezer's Pinkerton is an overlooked but awesome album.

And for some reason I love Kiss From A Rose by Seal. It's my go-to for drunken Karaoke.

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    • Cake
    • Muse
    • Ratatat
    • No Doubt
    • Bloodhound Gang

THOSE ARE MY TOPS

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    SeiferTimSeiferTim Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper Posts: 75 Shenaniduke
  • Options

Well THAT'S concise!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner

Bioshock! 

kingdom hearts series

Borderlands

Call of duty

Dishonored 

Batman Arkansas city

Saints row 4

Music:

Billy talent

Avenged sevenfold

Slipknot

Sum 41

Five iron frenzy

System of a down.

My Pandora station with Trans Siberia Orchestra and various Orchestra film scores. 

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    Was into metal, hard rock, melodic metal (it exists) and stuff. Official sites linked to the band names.

- Editors
    - Morcheeba
    - X Kito (not a band, but i like to listen to her 1 hour mixes)

And that's pretty all.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    Female vocals pretty much do it for me. Chvrches is really good, and Coeur de Pirate is one of my favorites. Read a thing on computer voices that found that men and women alike listen better to female voices than males. NOT SURE WHAT THAT'S ABOUT BUT I'M ROLLIN' WITH IT.

• Options

Oh yeah, Coeur de Pirate. Forgot it. I must assume I loved the Child Of Light OST.

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options

Female vocals in a language you don't naturally speak are always appealing :). Or even in your native language but with an accent. I love me some Astrud Gilberto. I play "Dindi" in a manner similar to her version at all my jazzy gigs.

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

• Options

Just looked that up, game looks glorious. Going to put it on my TODO list!

• Options
    CBenoitCBenoit Bscotch Posts: 12 Babbyscotch

@TheLKL321‌ : These musics are nice to my mind, but, for example, I finished Far Cry 3 two times, and I don't really remember musics from it. Same for Assassin's Creed. So I'm checking inFamous.

PattyC : I'm agree with you, and I still remember some RPG's musics by the way.. like in FFVII : Crisis Core. This one for example. But, there is surely mixed feelings with it. I mean : as far as I remember, Far Cry 3 (great game) and Assassin's Creed never totally catch me in their stories while when I listen to Crisis Core, I can feel nostalgia about the game.

For funk : Parliament and Cake.. I like what I just heard of it.

SeiferTim said:

I see that you know Starbomb :wink: 

PS : I was thinking... regarding of what you speak about, maybe you should try check out some ASMR, this is a curious thing (however not music).

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke

I feel like I'm more mainstream right noe.

Evanescence,  Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin,  Korn, Offspring, Trapt, P!nk, Eminem,  Disturbed, Foo Fighters ... top ten right there.

Blink 182, Bond (awesome quartet - violin & cello but not classical music), Collective Soul, Cossfade, Cog, D12, Fallout Boy, Finch, Finger Eleven,  Flyleaf, Fort Minor, Godsmack, Good Charlotte, Karnivool, Killswitch Engage, Lost Prophets, Maroon5, MCR, Owl City, P!atD,  Papa Roach, Paramore, Prodigy, RA, RatM, tRJSA, Seether, Skilket, SR71, Static X, SOAD, 3DG.... and this are just the ones I have the majority of their Discographies on my iPod.

Aussie bands are something I actively seek. The Butterfly Effect in particular. Sick Puppies, too (free hugs video anyone?), Hilltop Hoods (from my neck of the woods), Superheist, Eskimo Joe, Silverchair, Human Nature, Jebadiah, Spiderbait, Powderfinger, Frenzal Rhomb, The Living End, Grinspoon, Savage Garden (hello 90s), Darren Hayes (SG lead singer gone solo), Daniel Bedingfield,  Delta Goodrem, Kylie Minogue, Vanessa Amarosi, Guy Sebastian....

My list goes on. ^_^;;

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options

MeaKitty said:

SOAD

Yes.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke

MeaKitty said:

SOAD

Yes.

#ALLOFTHEACRONYMS ... but especially that one, yes. =D

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    TimConceivableTimConceivable Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper Posts: 114 Butter Churner
    edited August 2014

i guess us Tims use this. http://www.last.fm/user/anomaly8

also, for you female vocalist lovers... check out Austra, School of Seven Bells, Braids (not Braid), Dark Dark Dark, Lamb, Baxter, Lush, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Computer Magic, Goldfrapp, Crystal Castles (even if you can't understand the lyrics), Ladytron, Little Dragon, St. Vincent, The Kills, The Knife, Fever Ray, Curve, Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil (male+female vocals actually)...  yeah.  that's probably enough.

i'll add a few acronyms:  NIN, KMFDM, APC, BRMC, MGMT, ELO, DM.  B)
    [ [ i make stuff ] ]

• Options
    B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner

Dubstep!! Have you guys listened to Purple City by Joker and Jinz. It's great!! You should also try animals by Martin Garrix and Recess by Skrillex. 

B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• Options
    edited August 2014

i got a Skrilllex album.  it doesn't sound like dubstep.  do you like dubstep?

[ [ i make stuff ] ]

• Options
    B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    You seriously shouldn't have done that hehe, i hate the albums. Some of the music just sucks so bad and this is just my general opinion of any sort of album. Yes, you've got some good music, but then comes the rubbish and I just stop listening. It's mostly the screaming stuff which really puts me off. And yes, i do like dubstep but, of course, not all of it.  

B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• Options

I've been listening to a dude named RAMESES B lately. Some nice chillstep, often with female vocals. GOOD STUFF.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options

i didn't pay for the Skrillex. ;)
    and for some reason my mp3 player only likes to play one of the songs from it (i've had it on play-all/shuffle in the car lately), but it's a pretty good track. 
    so... yeah.  i don't really know a lot of dubsteps, but i like a lot of what i've heard.  the link i posted above was supposed to be a joke (a bad joke).
    i'll have to check out this Rameses dude.  is he from Egypt?

[ [ i make stuff ] ]

• Options

NO IDEA. Probably. Everyone is from Egypt.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited September 2014
    oh! @BscotchSeth‌DUDE.  so that song Earth Calls reminded me of this youtube video i saw a while back which i found pretty freaking mesmerizing.  i went through a pretty extensive round of googlin' to find who did that song.  looks like it's somebody named Blackmill.  i thought you might dig it too.
    [ [ i make stuff ] ]

• Options
    Aw yeah, I'm a fan of that song. Good find!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Thought I'd share my most recent workdayrepeat song. CHECK IT : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqA4AjDCVNM
  • Options
    I've got one song I'd like to share: A little bit longer by Florent Dorin. Kinda sad but pretty sweet.

This guy's is known in France (by a somewhat geek-ish part of the population) for being "Le Visiteur du Futur" in the web series "Le Visiteur du Futur" (What a coincidence). It's somewhat nice and you have English subtitles on their Youtube channel if you ever are interested.

• Options
    I dig that. Folk music will always live on; even when the cockroaches take over there will be a dude playing guitar and blowing into a harmonica in the slave lines. It's a pure form of music; no bells and whistles, just honest lyrics and an honest performance. I've got a few folk folks that I like:

M Ward has an old timey sound and his songs can get repetitive because of that, but I still like his style.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToEPFDIzhNA

Damien Rice has a great album called "O". I don't care too much for his newer stuff but this album is real raw, mostly tracked live.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uj21oODGpEU

Lastly if if you want to get super depressed listen to Elliot Smith. Dude stabbed himself IN THE HEART and commuted suicide (there's still some skepticism on exactly what happened there), but he left a number of good albums of you can get past his voice. It's kind of a love it or hate it thing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPD-a1FjUtU

www.FatBardMusic.com

• Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    Well my music taste ranges from various rock genres including many bands mentioned above, orchestal (less classics but rather mainly trailer, film and some video game music) and I also really enjoy swing revival bands like the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Squirrel Nut Zippers and well I like a lot of other stuff too.
    But the band that is currently really doing it for me is Streetlight Manifesto which play incredible Ska punk. If you like fast rock music and also like jazz influenced music you should definitly check them out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0gsKXC8XA&feature=player_detailpage

• Options
    It's a bit off topic (but not worth creating another one)
    If anyone is ever going to the Hellfest, let me know!
    In case you didn't know, it's a freakin' huge metal/hard rock festival that takes place in France and you have a lot of notorious bands!

• Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    Here is my YT playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-Ojf0wY3BSZ2jrMwZuAkUAPaOxkCjoY-. It's basically almost everything.