Options

What are your personal bests?

UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
edited December 2014 in Quadropus Rampage

I was wondering how much you played this game and how deep you were able to go.

Here it is:

Normal - 6000m (new version) 2940 (old version)

Manic - 1440

Insane - 210

Best 500m - 2:42

Plus, is there something else extremely deep?

I have seen from times to times a message that indicates that Pete is deeper (like 3000 meters). Is it a bug or a functionality?

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

Comments

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke

Wow, yeah, I feel kinda incompetent. My best normal dive is only 280.

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    CyberKlown28CyberKlown28 Bscotch Posts: 48 Babbyscotch
    edited July 2014

Played it before and got farther but forgot how far. But now that I'm playing again...current scores.

290 ;)

110 :|

30 :s

0:00  :'(

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer

Sadly, Pete isn't waiting at 3000 meters... Once he's dead, he's DEAD!

Also, if you're fortunate to get to about 4,700 meters, basically all of the game's balance breaks down because you start hitting things for about 2.3 billion, and the game can't process numbers larger than that. So that's a thing!

Fun fact... Only about 7% of players kill Pete.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited July 2014

Oh, so there was a really small bug that played with my mind. It wrote something when i resumed a game after quitting/turning my phone off.

Did anyone ever went to 4700 meters ? That could be really fun.

And the thing about your fun fact is that your game(s) requires some time to progress and there's not many casual phone players who are able to enjoy an awesome game like yours for a long duration. People aren't patient these days (like i wrote before, 40 minutes a day, two times a day, 4 or 5 days a week for a few weeks, were needed to go that far. Or something equivalent. That is somehow a HUGE amount of time for a phone game). Yet, I REGRET NOTHING. This game is really awesome

Plus, it's a bit out of the subject but will you add a timer for the time played in Crashlands?

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options

Yep! We have a stats page in Crashlands that records a bunch of stuff about your gameplay. It even breaks it down by what you do in each biome!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Yay! Statistics will remember me how i sometimes have no life!

Also, there is a small "functionality" (bug) that allows you to be virtually invincible. I discovered it after some time. Want to know?

If you are about to die, simply go to the main menu and resume. This way you will get all your life back. It does not apply to cooldowns though.

@Parsh81 Also, what would be your criteria for a challenge? Some proof/video/blahblah or just honesty?

• Options
    Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    I only play regular mode but I'm at 1270 right now.  On my old phone I was around 2200 and had all the pets and skins and upgrades.  I was hooked on that game

• Options

That's something i can easily understand :smile: 

• Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    Normal : 1100
    Manic : 310
    Insane : 30
    500m : 18:12
     :D 

• Options

Why not? I'll try this one :smile: 

• Options
    B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    edited August 2014
    My best in normal mode is a seemingly rubbish 860 meters- of course compared to your scores. I rarely ever play the other modes since im still too gripped by the fascination of beating Pete. However, I've only been playing for about a week and that's how I found out about the awesomeness of Butterscotch Shenanigans!! I've loved them ever since! It's very unfortunate that Pete doesn't come back though, maybe you could bring him back as a stronger character or something cuz I'll surely miss him after he is defeated. 
    [*sniff* *sniff*] At least I've got an abundance of other incredible games by Butterscotch Shenanigans to play!! :wink: 

B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So it took me some time to play-screen-post, but I managed to dive something nice in insane (I made other correct scores but it is my best one):

How, and look here:

Can we agree that is it INSANE?
    Wait, wait... Look at this:

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    I DON'T SEE ANYTHING
  • Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    B3A5T said:
    My best in normal mode is a seemingly rubbish 860 meters- of course compared to your scores. I rarely ever play the other modes since im still too gripped by the fascination of beating Pete. However, I've only been playing for about a week and that's how I found out about the awesomeness of Butterscotch Shenanigans!! I've loved them ever since! It's very unfortunate that Pete doesn't come back though, maybe you could bring him back as a stronger character or something cuz I'll surely miss him after he is defeated. 
    [*sniff* *sniff*] At least I've got an abundance of other incredible games by Butterscotch Shenanigans to play!! :wink: 

I missed Pete too when I defeated him ;_;
    If there will be bosses in crashlands could it be possible to revive the said bosses in order to beat the bananas out of them again ?
    Maybe even add a highscore system to see how fast you can beat them ... I dunno I think it could be amazing.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    DANG IT! Your image URL copy-past doesn't seem to work correctly with dropbox. Sorry my computer is off and I'm sleepy so I'll fix it tomorrow :/ The first one is a 200 meters insane dive without resurrection The second one is A DAMNED 2920 METERS DIVE in normal mode with 35 ARTIFACTS (and a resurection) so that requires a partial caps lock. The third and last one are my statistics, with my best level being 75, a thousand one-dive monster kills and a best shot at a bit more than 39.000.000 DAMAGE POINTS (yup you read it correctly, its A 39 MILLIONS DAMAGE POINTS STRIKE!)

• Options
    OOOOH! Well... Don't despair on not being able to kill Pete again. We might have something soon for you. MIGHT. 

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Edit:Screenshots above should be fixed

You might have might? A new boss could be nice too.
    Just kidding.
    Something just got through my mind, why not making Crashlands signs some weapons in the depths of the sea? To use them to bash relentlessly. As a joke for those one the forum?

• Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    edited December 2014
    @Ulnarevern‌ How did you do the 2.42 time? Thats pretty impressive! Even when i skip more than 2/3 of the dephts it takes me far over 4 min..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @bsb333 Haha I must admit I kinda used some fails/bugs of the old version that basically made me able to skip most of the depths (I would never be able to do this in the last version since I told Bscotch about those bugs and they fixed it) :smile:
    I basically don't deserve this record, except if you consider that observation and ideas deserve it.
    By the way it can also be seen as a good motivation for everyone X)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @Ulnarevern‌ Well then I guess 4.48 is a quite good time after all :)
    and i guess the limit probably is somwhere around 4 min...
  • Options
    I can't help you on this one sorry (but I think you're right) :smile: 

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌Well you should give it a shot and try to beat 4.48 then! 
  • Options
    @bsb333‌ You go man!
    Try different masteries/pets set ups that may help (the healing pet can be useful, even more if it heals when you fall to a new depth)

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌ I think I already do. The most important perks are the one were you are invicable after falling down and the one where you heal every time you complete a depth. With this setup you can always skip two depths and then complete one to gain full health back and in the end i always revive myself to get down a little faster
  • Options
    I believe CY (the pet) would help pushing the limit from two skipped depths to three or four (if it heals when you fall down. It heals for half the damage you received).

• Options
    Well I also use Cy also but he doesn't heal fall damage. At least he doesn't for me
  • Options
    So he's not really usefull for a 500m run :)