My Ludum Dare game

bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
edited August 2014 in Game Dev

SUP GANG! I threw together a game for Ludum Dare this weekend. I wasn't too into the theme ("CONNECTED WORLDS"), so I didn't really get going on it until Saturday evening, but it turned out to be pretty rad. Once I tweaked the control scheme to make it super frustrating to play, I starting have a really good time with it. Turned out to be a puzzle platformer in which you control two dudes at once, and where the two guys can never touch the same thing. Check it out!

BEAR IN MIND that I did all the art for this, so it's not going to look much like a Butterscotch game. Still... WHATEVER!

Ludum Dare game page link

Title Screen:

SETH COSTER
Butterscotch Shenanigans
Games Programmer

Comments

• bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer

I got the hang of the controls after 10 minutes or so, got to I BELIEVE the 3/4ths mark but then had to run to a meeting. The slipperiness of the tiles was what did me in most often, but it's pretty damn impressive for being put together in ... what, 10 hours? I MEAN SERIOUSLY SETH WHAT IN THE CRAP IS THIS BLACK MAGIC.

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer

Yeah man, you gotta take 'er easy on those SLIPPYTILES!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner

Arghhhh this game is tough! I like the control scheme with the jumps swapped. Clever, and EVIL. The art isn't not too shabby, I didn't know you did any.

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    Indeed! I do a bit of MOST THINGS!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer