Options

Alpha test instructions

bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
edited November 2014 in Crashlands Alpha
Update: The alpha is closed! Stay tuned for beta testing, which we expect to begin in early 2015!

Hey, alpha-testers!

Before you jump into the game, take a moment to read the post on giving good feedback.

Remember that the test requires an always-on Internet connection (otherwise we'll lose data). The game will check for a connection every 3 minutes.

You should only use ONE DEVICE and ONE SAVE for this test. Crashlands is really big. So big we figure most of you won't get through all the content even if you don't duplicate your efforts.

There is NO TUTORIAL. We want to see how intuitive the game is without one, though Sam put together a handy-dandy cheat-sheet just for you.

There is NO STORY. Story comes from the next phase of development.

In the game, we have added a running frame rate (FPS) and your ranking amongst the testers in the bottom right corner. There are also buttons there to (1) submit text-based feedback via your browser and (2) open up the full leaderboards on the web. The leaderboards are just for fun, so don't use this as an excuse to spam us with random feedback!

Please submit your feedback through the game, since that will allow us to match up your observations to the other analytics we're collecting. Feel free to ask each other questions and discuss anything game-related in this thread, though note that WE WILL RARELY GIVE A DIRECT ANSWER. This is because we would bias your experience with our knowledge and then end up with crappy data! In fact, it will be really helpful us to read through your discussion as passive observers.

The test is LIVE. Google Play link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bscotch.crashland

KNOWN BUGS and POINTS OF CONFUSION

• Equipping tools is SUBTLE. When you make a new tool and tap it, it is AUTO-EQUIPPED!
  • Kibbleweed is currently useless. It is a vestige of when pets could take damage.

Comments

• Options
    cmanredcmanred Bscotch, Tester Posts: 22 Babbyscotch
    No worries on the landscape/ portrait issue from me. My phone is usually horizontal from heavy duty mobile game play. Thx for the heads up.
  • Options
    Turns out we just fixed it! EDITING.
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    I love the concept of "passive observers" And I'm impatient right now
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    cmanredcmanred Bscotch, Tester Posts: 22 Babbyscotch
    Well, that's even better glad to hear 
  • Options
    We're live! Check your email!
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    As a quick note, if you end up with a version of Crashlands that doesn't require you to log in with your BscotchID, then it's the old version from like 6 months ago. Don't play that one! Just wait and it will update automatically on your device once Google Play does its thing.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Problem number 1 "This item isnt available in your country" @BscotchAdam‌! HALP!

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    @MeaKitty‌ Um. You're in Australia? Looking into it...
  • Options
    Ayup. Adelaide, South Australia. Google Play might just be a spazz this morning.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    @MeaKitty‌ Ok, it's fixed. Might take a while to appear though, SORRY! Will be available in the USA, France, and Australia, since I think that covers everyone. If not, let me know ASAP.
  • Options
    It's probably just as well. I'm about to start my friday work shift. XD I'll check at lunch and should be able to d/l it by home time and play the crap out of it on my hour+ commute home.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    And its updated. I can access it. Downloaded it already. Will log in on my break.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    Have fun!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I will. Curse work for getting in the way of my game testing time.  XD I'm too impatient!  So excited I'm thinking of quitting my day job and taking up full time testing. =P

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    Ha! Sounds like a good job...
  • Options
    Unfortunately the pay appears to be rather ... non-exsistent but the excitement is worth it! =P

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    Did you accept the google+ invite and use the same email? I'm off to bed now, but I'll get back to you in the morning.
  • Options
    Willy!

I found the same on my phone, but when I went to the link on my PC, I was able to install it to my phone from my PC that way. See if that works!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    I also get the  "sorry - nothing to see here." page when I click the link on my pc :/
    Nothing popped up in my google+ notifications though ...
  • Options
    OH I needed to add you to the Google+ group. Check your mail.
  • Options
    DocDoc Bscotch Posts: 21 Butter Churner
    Can I join the group of testers?
    Cool People have Signatures B)
  • Options
    Alpha is wrapping up soon @Doc, but we'll keep you posted on the beta!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    DocDoc Bscotch Posts: 21 Butter Churner
    @BscotchSeth‌ thanks man, :)

Cool People have Signatures B)
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    edited November 2014
    @gaugau11‌Sorry but you either aren't on the good topic (that's highly unlikely) or you're really really late. Alpha closed more than 3 weeks ago.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    @gaugau11‌ No worries, that was my bad. The alpha-tester stuff was originally closed-access, but we made it public and I never updated this post to say that the alpha was closed (it's updated now)!