And so joins the 3rd BScotch Brother. Questions?

13»

Comments

• UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    And what about a user synchronization?
    Like, it's synchronized only if the user push the button and if he's connected to the internet on both supports?
    Like, I play on my phone during the day and when I come home, I connect my phone and my computer to the internet, I click "synchronize the saves" (the most recent erases the older version) and I can continue my game on the computer.

Or only a file that can be found easily, crypted and associated with an account so that you can copy-paste it manually? (so only persons who are a bit interested can do the "synchronization" and it doesn't lead to mistakes or misunderstandings)

I'm writing ideas but I'm almost sure you already thought of it. Yet I'm really curious. I hope it doesn't bother you.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    No worries! We have indeed thought about such approaches, and you're right that it may make sense to essentially have a use-at-your-own-risk power-user sync option. It's a matter of weighing the benefits to a small fraction of players versus the costs of development and support (for those players who screw up their saves using such a system).

So... Maybe!
    Based on your answers, it seems that you don't plan to force internet connection to play, right?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    For single player games, what would be the point?

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

EXACTLY. Especially on mobile.
    Thank you for being awesome guys!
    Another one! If you ever release a multiplayer oriented game, do you think you will add AI/bots to let the forever alone play?
    Sorry I got into the question thing and even if it is highly theoretical, I'm curious.

Hard to say. The multiplayer games we are dreaming of making would only work in a multiplayer fashion, though we definitely like the idea of adding multiplayer gameplay modes to otherwise singleplayer games. The major difficulty is in programming a smart (but not too smart) AI, and for some games we may simply not be clever enough!

Anyway, multiplayer mode is on the table for all future games, and where it makes sense we will try to make single player modes for future multiplayer games. We'll just have to see!
    edited September 2014
    Sounds awesome!

• CyberKlown28CyberKlown28 Bscotch Posts: 48 Babbyscotch
    Hypothetical Question for the team...for fun.

Adam comes to St. Louis, and you three are sitting at a table eating ice cream...because ice cream. A man from EA approaches you guys, and offers to fund your next project(standard developer salaries) with the conditions of it being released in exactly one year for PS4-XB1-PC, and to develop 3 DLC packs in that year as well, to be released after the game. After release, EA gets 85% profits, you guys get 15%.

Do you accept?
    edited October 2014
    NOPE! Because if we just make our own games we get 100%, and we BELIEVE IN OURSELVES.

:)
    You're right to believe in yourselves!

• B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    That's pretty good since ur taking your own initiative. U OWN wat you do not some random other company like EA!!
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!