Narwhal Online Bugs & Suggestions

2»

Comments

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    That's the best way to get a hemorrhoid, if I may be frank.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• DocDoc Bscotch Posts: 21 Butter Churner
    I think something interesting you could include would be a plot line that is unlocked as you go through the levels. It would be a good way to keep people coming back to help the community progress through a campaign.
    Cool People have Signatures B)
    That's in the plan, too! It'll be similar to how we did Quadropus Rampage... The story will progress as you go deeper and deeper.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• TimConceivableTimConceivable Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper Posts: 114 Butter Churner
    ooooooh!  stories.  i like stories.  i wonder if Sciants need that as well.
    [ [ i make stuff ] ]

• B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    edited October 2014
    I think that you should increase the amount of time before you are attacked once you enter a new room because usually, before I know it, I have about 4 or 5 hideous balls of green slime flying towards me. This can be extremely hard to avoid especially if it comes from a larger range of directions. Maybe about two seconds should be enough to escape into a slime free area and smack their asses! Iv got an idea for another creature tho! you could have a creature which inflicts damage within a certain range. This could mean that it would be harder to stay in a corner cuz of the wide range. Maybe it's some thing which shoots bombs at you. Or a massive slime which explodes. ;). Iv just had another idea, maybe it can rush at you at fast speeds and the sit next to you and explode like a kamikaze. 

B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

B3A5T said:
    I think that you should increase the amount of time before you are attacked once you enter a new room because usually, before I know it, I have about 4 or 5 hideous balls of green slime flying towards me. This can be extremely hard to avoid especially if it comes from a larger range of directions. Maybe about two seconds should be enough to escape into a slime free area and smack their asses! Iv got an idea for another creature tho! you could have a creature which inflicts damage within a certain range. This could mean that it would be harder to stay in a corner cuz of the wide range. Maybe it's some thing which shoots bombs at you. Or a massive slime which explodes. ;)

They have said that these issues have been addressed. We have all gotten irratated at some point with this issue :)
    B3A5T said:
    I think that you should increase the amount of time before you are attacked once you enter a new room because usually, before I know it, I have about 4 or 5 hideous balls of green slime flying towards me. This can be extremely hard to avoid especially if it comes from a larger range of directions. Maybe about two seconds should be enough to escape into a slime free area and smack their asses! Iv got an idea for another creature tho! you could have a creature which inflicts damage within a certain range. This could mean that it would be harder to stay in a corner cuz of the wide range. Maybe it's some thing which shoots bombs at you. Or a massive slime which explodes. ;)
    Sounds awesome! We'll look into doing something like that. :D

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    Iv just had another idea, maybe you can have a giant slime thingy rush at you at fast speeds and then sit next to you and explode like a kamikaze. 
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    As long as as these proposed creatures make disgusting farty squishy noises I wholeheartedly agree.

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

• UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    You may make a higher resolution of the sprites (on PC mainly) and/or an adjustable resolution. A fullscreen option ingame could be nice too (Alt+Enter works fine but not everybody knows this), since on pc you must not click outside the window or you're dead.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Yeah resolution can be a serious problem. We may not have a PC version, depending on how the final control system feels. If there is a big discrepancy between playing on touch vs with mouse/keyboard then the leaderboards will be impossible to make fair (without having separate ones).
    Effectively that may be a problem. Personnaly, I prefer the mouse controls since I can see where I go way better than on my small phone with my big fingers.
    That would be nice if some people who tried both versions could give a feedback about the potential discrepancy.
    The controls by themselves are adapted but yeah in my opinion, it's easier on pc.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

Yep, definitely easier on PC. I'm terrible at it with touch.
    In the other hand, are you a regular PC player or something (for my part I was born with a mouse in a hand and a keyboard under the other hand, so I'm not really representative).

I'm a PC purist. No consoles for me, and the only mobile games I play are Butterscotch games :smile: 
    We're in the same case so not really representative of the difference between both versions.

I am imagining now Adam being one of those guys going around saying "PC MASTER RACE"