Quadropus Rampage: Petemare

2»

Comments

• scotchstescotchste Bscotch Posts: 13 Babbyscotch
    Thanks, look forward to it. Another quickie, at what point does the 500m race mode unlock?
  • bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    I believe you have to reach 500 meters first.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    Wasn't the goal to access 500m race to beat Pete?
    Now that I think about it, I don't have access to 500m race anymore, even if normal Pete is already dead. With your answer @BscotchSeth‌ I'm not certain that was a planned change.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

CRAP you're right. Submitting quick fix!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

Just sent off a patch to Google Play to fix that. Thanks dudes!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

Warning! I saw a comment complaining about the fact that every item sold by Grubby is paid in doubloons (see my first post on the topic I think) and that it made it feel "pay to win". I don't want to stress you, but you should do something about it, eitheir implementing the conversion or making it in orbs again for now or at least a disclaimer (?). This risks to earn you a bad reputation (if it spreads) and to diminish the success of you upgrading and making everything even more awesome effort.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @Ulnarevern‌ Thanks for the heads-up, but we'll see how things play out for a while longer yet. We knew that some people would be pissed about this, and one complaint isn't anything to worry about. If you look through the reviews and comments, you'll find thousands of complaints!
    We do have the conversion already implemented, so no biggie!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

To further clarify on the orbs/doubloons thing, here's how we see it.

There is now a TON of orbs worth of upgrades because of the 3 new tiers of each track. So much so, that it'd take the average player quite a long time to hit max level on everything. And that's assuming they save all their orbs while playing and never buy pets or anything like that.

So, unfortunately, that also leaves Grubby out of reach of the average player who is saving up to max out her upgrades. So rather than just say, "Meh, I guess you don't get to use Grubby until you're done upgrading!" We opened up the doubloon option. Now you can throw a dollar down and buy something like 30-40 artifacts from Grubby (or 100 weapons) while still saving your orbs for your upgrades. If we hadn't done that, Grubby would effectively no longer be a part of the game.

On the flip side, once you have max upgrades (and therefore have nothing major to spend orbs on), you get orbs very fast (particularly in the harder game modes), and you will be able to convert them into a hefty chunk of doubloons with relative ease.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

edited October 2014
    Ok my bad. One small remark though (you may have add a reference in the tutorial): I didn't even thought about getting in the shop :/ (I may be really not smart, but I had no clue)

Any recommendations on where to put the converter outside the shop? We figured it'd make the most sense there, since that's where you used to get your doubloons exclusively.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

It does make sense by itself but I'm not certain it's as obvious as it should for "old players".
    You may consider making the conversion stuff really visible in the update notes of google play (I didn't investigate but I didn't see it), or add a disclaimer after the update or give a line to Grubby that mentions it? Even add a button with a "Orb->Doubloon converter" icon close to the buy button?

In fact, it is not the position of the converter but the communication about its existence that may be not sufficient (at least for blind slow persons as I am :smile: )

• B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    edited October 2014
    Last night I was just playing and noticed that I was somehow collecting a lot of artifacts. Not too unusual but what was really obvious was that I didn't know what most of the creatures were and so when I had got the super rod artifact, I just stared in curiosity thinking, "wat in the world is an angler fish?" Due to this, I think that you guys should add on an option on the start screen like a glossary/character index so then, those interested are able to view it and gain a further insight into the world of Quadropus Rampage. Maybe it could cost orbs or dbln's to unlock stuff inside it. I love finding out about this sort of stuff!
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

YEAH.... We... never made that clear. HEH HEH! Not a bad idea! Future update HOOOOO!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    awesome!
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• CyberKlown28CyberKlown28 Bscotch Posts: 48 Babbyscotch
    edited November 2014
    EDIT: Updated on Nov 17th

Pros

+ Grubby's items are now affordable. The old way was 'screw that, I'm getting my stats up first'.
    + New game modes, more Pete!
    + New Masteries.
    + More stat tier upgrades!
    + Ads can be removed for a measly $1, and comes with a sweet hammer to start with.

Cons
    - More ads!
    - Daily Slap removed.
    - Gaining doubloons is a bit stingy.

Quadropus Rampage: Petemare - 9.0/10
  • bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Good points. There is one major caveat: ad revenue for a single view is MUCH less than a penny! In any event, we'll certainly take these into consideration when we come back with the QR+BscotchID patch in a few weeks.
    Do you still get the fraction of a penny if we x out the ads? :open_mouth: 
    Some advertisers pay for impressions and some pay for clicks. For impressions, we get paid no matter what, but for click-based ads, we only get paid if someone clicks it! We don't get to decide which type gets shown, but ultimately it comes out to about... $2.00 per 1,000 ads shown (1/5th of a penny per ad).

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

edited November 2014
    How do you get more doubloons not counting the orb converter?
  • bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    @CyberKlown28‌  sometimes you find them in chests and i think you get quite a lot of them for beating pete
    Just how deep do you have to get down to face pete on petes reckoning? I've made it to 800 still no sign of him ...expected him to be on 500 or 750
  • bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    @bsb333 that sounds...LIKE A BUG!? have you not seen him at all on that mode? He should spawn in the regular spots, unless some wires are getting crossed in the background. @BscotchSeth‌ may need to take a looksee.
    edited November 2014

Updated my above review.
    I definitely would like to see the daily slap back in the BS ID patch. :)

Maybe he took to much steroids and died of it? ^^
    CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP I'll see what I can do. We'll be hooking BscotchID into Quadropus soon, and we'll be fixing any such bugs as well. Thanks for the heads up!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

Great! You guys are just full of buttery awesomeness :) 
    edited November 2014