Options

Let's be friends!

Comments

• Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    @ceanji Good that you worked it out! Just could you un-dislike my
    bsb333 said:
    @Ceanji‌ Just added you nice to have you here!
    comment?

Maybe now you can one day challange my leaderbord monopol for quadropos (first place in everything but 3 categories where i am second place)
  • Options
    ceanjiceanji Bscotch Posts: 23 Butter Churner
    Ok...but is quad suppose to still have IAP or is it just me?
  • Options
    Well it still does IAP after you butterup, but since you have a much higher doubloon drop rate you really don't need them
  • Options
    Wait.... @bsb333‌
    ...did you just butter me up for a quad challenge? Oh......OH!
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @Ceanji‌ We don't want it to, but the game is way too entrenched as it is to remove those :(

Ideally QR would ONLY have the ButterUp, just like the other games (and, we currently expect, all future games). The problem is that it was designed for IAPs and there is no clear way to convert it to a non-IAP game without screwing over the thousands of players who have purchased IAP items.

Most of what we're doing with BscotchID and ButterUps is intended for future games, though we tried to make it all work for our old games so that everything is more or less consistent across our portfolio.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @Ceanji‌ We don't want it to, but the game is way too entrenched as it is to remove those :(

Ideally QR would ONLY have the ButterUp, just like the other games (and, we currently expect, all future games). The problem is that it was designed for IAPs and there is no clear way to convert it to a non-IAP game without screwing over the thousands of players who have purchased IAP items.

Most of what we're doing with BscotchID and ButterUps is intended for future games, though we tried to make it all work for our old games so that everything is more or less consistent across our portfolio.
    BLAH BLAH @bsb333‌  challenged me in QR! GET ME MY RUSH MIXTAPE, MY 2 LITER OF STRAWBERRY SODA, AND MY TWIZZLERS! 

*starts training sequence*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomCIXGzsR0
  • Options
    AW YEAH TAKE HIM DOWN!

Good luck with that, @bsb333 is at/near the top of basically every leaderboard. PLUS, he got in on the action when there was some broken balance so that some scores may now be LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to beat.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @bscotchAdam Well I think only my record in the standard mode and on max level is unbeatable, the rest is quite doable! I didn't really exploit the life² bug and so my other records are done without exploiting.
    And my flop rocket and towelfight leaderbords aren't really that good...
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @bsb333 Did you make your normal run after I talked about it?
    If so, I should have kept my mouth closed about the normal mode being too easy. I could have stayed being the world leader.
    I'm better at finding small bugs/hidden functionalities than using them (except for the health thing. It was really useful).
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @ulnarevern Well I did it exactly the day before they updated it because I wanted to be part of the people with those crazy scores ... and kinda wanted to be unbeatable after they changed it^^
  • Options
    @bsb333‌ Next time I keep my tricks for myself :P
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌ Probably you should have :) rather than calling it a trick though i would say it was all about pure dedication of insane minds! 
  • Options
    R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
    edited January 2015
    Just to put my name out there again, if anybody else would like to add me. I need 6 more people to unlock my sweet towelfight 2 perk. Bscotch ID is R4V3N, hope you all are keeping well.
  • Options
    IsisEdenIsisEden Bscotch Posts: 10 Babbyscotch
    Backreading random forum pages. Can I just say I wish we could meet up and have epic drunken karaoke/gaming night? IT WOULD BE EPIC. Ah, world.
  • Options
    @IsisEden‌ THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

Once we get a little more established we'll try to do some meetups outside of St Louis and Dallas. Maybe even outside the U.S., EVENTUALLY.
  • Options
    @IsisEden @BscotchSam Count me in! If i ever get in the U.S. Or Philippines. It's too costy YET.

• Options
    bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    Heck yes I'm down. Maybe once we've officially arrived as a studio (aka have actual cash on hand) we can do a World-roving tour to meet our players: gaming and karaoke nights included.

Actually this sounds like a really beautiful thing. PUTTIN IT ON MY PROJECTS LIST.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @bscotchsam‌ That sounds like a lot of work to actually manage but it would be totally awesome!
  • Options
    @IsisEden‌ THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

Once we get a little more established we'll try to do some meetups outside of St Louis and Dallas. Maybe even outside the U.S., EVENTUALLY.
    If you come to NYC I can help out anyway I can and you three can crash at my place for a few days. Hopefully you aren't allergic to cats or kids. If anything maybe this summer we can do a Google Hangout/ Twitch convention. 
  • Options
    Post-wedding plans (if our finances cooperate) include a trip to the UK and to the US, so who knows!

You know what this forum needs? A CHAT BAR. For CHATS.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @IsisEden‌ Make one! We've got a category for it:

http://forums.butterscotch-shenanigans.com/categories/general

EDIT: OH WAIT CRAP. You probably meant for something more, erm, real-time. That is not something we have set up yet...
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    edited January 2015
    Yeah something like Skype phone call, chat or whatever. Or even a FB group if you don't mind. I'm 100% in!

Edit: Not sure how possible is for me to be in real-time with you since I'm in +1 time time zone (something like your time zone +6 hours = my time zone).
  • Options
    @bscotchadam‌ just a thought :smile: for SOMEDAY.
    @Etrusan - oh right. time zones. well, I work nights, so I can stalk you guys 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM Eastern Time.
  • Options
    Well i think @Ulnarevern‌ @Etrusan‌ we are all in the same time zone. Is  anyone else CET?
  • Options
    @bsb333‌I don't speak time zones really well but I think you're right.
    For now on the forums there is @CBenoit‌ @Etrusan and me that are in this part of the world (UTC+1 in my way to time), maybe one or two other guys.

Yet I think we could chat more or less altogether since at 9 a.m Butterscotch time is like 3 p.m our time. Something like11 p.m for @IsisEden‌
    That would be (theoretically) possible to chat with everyone! For now, we have the forums :smile: 

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    GMT/UTC +9.5 here in Central Australia.  Good luck coordinating that one. XD Just come visit meeeeeee.

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    Count on me. I just need money X)

• Options
    @Ulnarevern Ha! I love the idea of Butterscotch Standard Time. BSST. It'll go perfectly with the Flux's ship in Crashlands, the B.S.S. Assess!

I'm looking into open source chat clients to see if I can find one that isn't too resource intensive and that I could hook up to BscotchID. THAT WOULD BE NEAT.

Also looking into what forum software to use when we transition to the bscotch.net server. This forum is the only oneI've interacted with in my life, so I'm just spitballing possibilities. Who knows where we'll end up, but feel free to make your opinions heard since y'all are the few and proud early adopters! Post Crashlands I suspect the forums will blow up a bit.

Otherwise we're thinking of doing an open Google Hangout sometime. Since the bros and I are ~600 miles apart (that's 900km for you reasonable folk) we spend most of the time in a Hangout anyway. We've never done an open one, and have NO IDEA how it works, so it would definitely be an experiment.
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    Hangout sounds interesting. Count me in!
  • Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Totally up for a hangout some time. And if you do it on a weekend I will make sure that I am free at the appropriate time. =D

Also, I could probably suggest something if I knew what forum software you were using right now, and/or moving to. Used to do forum coding/admin-ing, so I've go a few resources floating around.

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~|