Options

Let's be friends!

13»

Comments

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @MeaKitty We're using Vanilla Forums right now (hosted version). It's got an open source version that is dead-simple to install and configure, but it is much more limited than the hosted version (we'd lose things like badges, for example, which have an obvious potential interest when combined with in-game achievements).

I'm leaning towards phpBB, since it seems to still be on top of the open source market, is based on PHP (which is the web language I more or less know and definitely have access to), and seems to be really extensible.
  • Options
    R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
    Another awesome forumer, @Etrusan , randomly buttered me up on Roid Rage. Would just like to publicly acknowledge and thank the genuine kindness offered by so many in this community.All of you guys are amazing
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    @R4V3N at least half of people I Buttered Up thanked me! You're welcome dude!
  • Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    I'm leaning towards phpBB, since it seems to still be on top of the open source market, is based on PHP (which is the web language I more or less know and definitely have access to), and seems to be really extensible.
    PhpBB I can do. Used that plenty of times myself and I know there's a ton of 3rd party plugins for it, including a couple or real time chat software. There's probably also a few 3PPs for badges and such as well. Just depends on what exactly you want and how much tweaking you're willing to do, to get it to do exactly what you want.

@Etrusan - half is a piss-poor percentage. If you butter up someone the least they can do is bloody thank you for it. Takes 3 seconds. Geez. But you're awesome for doing that! I'm sure it's appreciated all 'round. ^_^

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I was referring to you @MeaKitty no thank you note from you.
  • Options
    Hey wait, what? Who did what now?

If you buttered me up then you need to blame the BS boys and the email bug. I didn't get notified of WHO buttered me up, just that I'd received one. I even brought it to attention that it never showed me WHO. Maybe it was just me getting that bug then? :/ Otherwise the first thing I would have done was sent you a thank you note.

I feel really bad about that now, cuz I just assumed that it was Adam when we were messing with things, which is my bad for assuming. But thank you very, very, very, much for buttering me up @Etrusan. That was extremely kind of you and I appreciate it immensely. <3

Also, while we're talking about it, is there a history record we can access of things that have been sent to/from us? I noticed I also got another "gift" randomly from someone, and assuming that we can only send butter ups and not power ups or anything (at least for right now), would love to have a list of who's sent me things so that I can properly thank them in a timely fashion. That's if it's actually possible, I mean?

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    edited February 2015
    You're welcome @MeaKittyYou should get an email and ingame private message. Something like this

• Options
    I got an email but it was broken. :(

Hey there, MeaKitty, looks like someone LURRRVES YOU!

You received this message because MeaKitty sent a gift to *|bsidTo|*.

Brought it up with @bscotchAdamand he fixed it, so the subsequent emails tell me proper information including who sent it. But I don't remember getting an in-game message. :/ Very odd.

But yush, extremely happy, thank you. Now I get all the fun things and bonuses and perks and goodness. I am enjoying it immensely, even if I still suck at it. XD

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    I'm not sure about the ingame PM because when @scotchste Buttered me Up in RR I got the PM. They could have change something since that time.
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Looks like some gifting shenanigans...

As far as I can tell this looks like it was a couple weeks ago, which is right when I was switching emailing systems. Probably it's all resolved now. Sorry about that!

Anyway, we do have a record of all gift-giving, besides what should have appeared in your email. Could be something to add to the profile pages once we get those made. So much to do!
  • Options
    Yeah, the butter ups I've gotten since then work fine, we tested that. Broken emails are not fun. Just figured it was anonymous or something, again... my bad, I should have known better. Being able to go back and check would be fantastic. How long is that "one day" scroll now though? XD I'll keep an eye out for PMs and emails in the future, and make sure I take note of who it was so I can thank them. <3

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~|