Towelfight 2 v2.0 Early Access!

Comments

• Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    @BscotchAdam‌ that would be awesome!
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    edited December 2014
    Man I'm not here for like 24 hours and there's all this happening!

Is it me or is the game slower than before?

The map disappearance issue seems to happen when you warp back to your friends (I tried to another teleporter but the map didn't disappear)

There's also something with the menus: when I poke Tim there's a little graphical problem:

It also seems that I didn't get the Forn perk (it was mentioned before I think)

EDIT: I've the perk in Quadropus apparently.

Bella seems to be broken in Quadropus (she just move around from time to time)

The new graphics are awesome and the optimization just make me dream! (I don't think I have any slowdowns)

That's all for now!

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    bsb333 said:
    Well i never used forn anyways :)
    The crash happens when you're on the back up the save and the wait no screen and you press back it up... then the game just freezes

I think the issue of it freezing when you hit backup is that it takes time to backup. It just takes awhile to finish so it seems like it's frozen. That's my experience at least...
  • Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    @sam yeah it takes about 1 min for it ot unfreeze but after that it still not backed up...
    @bscotchadam while i've got one of the kill forn perks the one that you claim in roid rage is still locked
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @bsb333 Seth's double-checking the Perk. Otherwise, see if forcing a sync fixes the problem.

We're working on optimization of the file sync process.

@ulnarevern We're still working on the minimap disappearance problem. It uses an approach that is really finicky on Android.
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    For those having trouble with the cloud saving/loading, we've got a fix in the works that should make it damn near instant!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    EVERYONE!!!

The update to the save backup system is going to be backwards incompatible. If you are not yet using the system, I'd recommend continuing to not use it. If you are using the system, check your email for more info.

IN ANY CASE, we'll be putting out an update tonight with the new system. When it comes out, you absolutely must update to that version before using the system again.
  • Options
    Oh, and UH don't log out of your Bscotch account on your TF2 save. This apparently deletes your save file.

We're pushing the update that fixes this and file-syncing soon.
  • Options
    We just posted the update, so it'll appear over the next couple hours.

PLEASE OH PLEASE update your game before logging out. The save-deleting problem is fixed in this version.

Save file syncing is turned OFF in the current version, but will be back ON in the update. So you'll be be able to get back to file syncing as soon as you get the update!

Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    EVERYONE!!!

The update to the save backup system is going to be backwards incompatible. If you are not yet using the system, I'd recommend continuing to not use it. If you are using the system, check your email for more info.

So that means i should not sync after downloading the update I guess?

• Options
    Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Syncing is working very fast, one the other hand I noticed that when you are in the pause menu and hit main menu it takes a little longer to load but not nearly as long as the sync took. 
  • Options
    Two small things I just noticed.  I finally got my last jectile which is slender. I found the one augment in a chest and in the jectile menu it shows grubby for the other augment but he doesn't have it for sale. 
    The second thing is I have the whistle relic equipped to summon zombies when I activate it, the weird part is that when it is not activated and I don't have the zombie jectile in my clip every once in a while a zombie will slip through.  It as if the game knows there is the zombie there and it gets shot out anyways
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    I've got a long black screen when I launch the game, before I get the main menu since the update. The same goes when I want to get back to the main menu.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    We sped up the syncing process a lot, which required a bit more computation when generating the web version of the save. At the moment this save is created every time you go to the main menu. So it looks like we need to optimize some more and probably only create the web save when it is needed. Thanks for the feedback.

And yes, once you update it is safe to use the cloud backup. I made everything sounds as for ad possible to make sure no one lost their progress ;)
  • Options
    scotchstescotchste Bscotch Posts: 13 Babbyscotch
    I've updated to 2.0.4 but occasionally get this:

• Options
    scotchstescotchste Bscotch Posts: 13 Babbyscotch
    On 2.0.4 had this installing a jectile, can't seem to reproduce though:
    I
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone listed this before but the "those lasers"  perk for beating forn isn't counting even though the other one is to get the avatar. Also the dang it Richard perk isn't counting either
  • Options
    @duh8383 We'll go over all the Perks to see what's going on. Note that Perk updates are triggered by events (like collecting juice or killing an enemy), so that even if you have met the goal for a Perk if it wasn't active at the time it won't be unlocked until the event is triggered again. That probably explains some of the Perk issues.

@scotchste Thanks for the bug report! We'll get it fixed. Don't worry about that message. It's an emergency message system that doesn't track whether you've seen it or not (or whether or not you've done whatever it is warning you about). It just appears every once in a while until I turn it off (which I'll be doing tonight). We set this up for cases like the TF2 save-delete issue where we need to be able to say 'HOLY CRAP PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PROBLEM!'
  • Options
    Thanks for all the reports, guys! We'll have a full workup out tomorrow that should take care of all these problems (or dang near all of them)!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    InferiorPickleInferiorPickle Bscotch, Tester Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    HOLYCWAPHOLYCWAPHOLYCWAP. BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Is it possible to find the end of the Forest or is it endless?
  • Options
    I thought that I found the edge in the old version on my old phone but now with this version it doesn't seem like it. 
  • Options
    It is endless!
  • Options
    Good to know!
  • Options
    Looks like the t Rex has an augment missing from grubby's store to
  • Options
    Grubby should show you augments only if you own the associated Jectile. In the case of perk-unlocked Jectiles, he'll only show you those Jectiles if you've got the perk!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Yea,  I have found both the t Rex and the slendy jectile.  And both of them have 1 augment.  When I look at the list of jectile and select one of those two it shows grubby's face and has a bunch of question marks where the description is. Grubby just doesn't have them in his syorr
  • Options
    Wow bad typing.  Last word there is store*
  • Options
    Woo! I'll check that out.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    FOUND IT. Will have that fixed!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer