Options

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

Comments

• Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    I find it kinda hilarious how this article became all about bananas just because of two people ! XD
  • Options
    CaliberMengskCaliberMengsk Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper Posts: 74 Butter Churner
    O-o should try to follow some of my family's conversations then... We go all over the place.
  • Options
    fatbardfatbard Bscotch Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    Apparently there's some connection between bananas and Butterscotch fans. I demand a banana hammer in Crashlands, The Nannerhammer!

Patrick Crecelius, part of the game scoring and FX duo Fat Bard. Currently working with BScotch on Crashlands and Narwhal Online.

www.FatBardMusic.com

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    The character in the original Towelfight has bananas for arms. So yes, I think there is something there.
  • Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Besides, bananas are full of fruitastical awesomesauce. Why wouldnt we discuss them?

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    TimConceivableTimConceivable Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper Posts: 114 Butter Churner
    edited September 2014
    i would totally wield a Nannerhammer of Might +46!  ALL BANANAS MUST DIE!!!!!
    now i really want to make that banana game i've been dreaming about.
    [ [ i make stuff ] ]

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Dooooooo iiiiiiiit @TimConceivable‌!

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    DocDoc Bscotch Posts: 21 Butter Churner

Tell us about yourself. What's your story?

My name is Brendan and I am aspiring to be a game developer and am going to pursue a degree in computer science.  I play hockey for my highschool and have been programming in gamemaker and hope to start using unity.  I currently working with a few friends in a currently unnamed company on a game (not releasing anything yet).

I hope to learn some new things on this site and meet some awesome people.

What are some of your favorite things?
    -Ice Hockey

- Games (Surprising Right?!?!?)

- Ice Cream... two things with ice so far...

- Sunrise/Sunsets

- Orange

- Art (In particular, pencil and spraypaint)

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?

When people are standing in your way, when people don't answer questions on introduction posts correctly, and sarcasm.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
    - Getting better at both pixel and vector based art

- Learning to program in different languages.

- Taking harder classes at school to make my brain basically do constant dead-lifts followed by sit-ups.

Cool People have Signatures B)
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    "When people are standing in your way"

YEP. Worst thing ever.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    @Doc‌ There is no viable alternative to learning by doing, so keep up the self-teaching!
  • Options
    DocDoc Bscotch Posts: 21 Butter Churner
    @Doc‌ There is no viable alternative to learning by doing, so keep up the self-teaching!
    Thanks, I will always be doing so!!!
    Cool People have Signatures B)
  • Options
    R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
    MeaKitty said:
    Besides, bananas are full of fruitastical awesomesauce. Why wouldnt we discuss them?
    Bananas are naturally slightly radioactive, an actual fact...so if you're lookin for some superpowers forget about rolling around in toxic waste, just eat ALOT of bananas.
  • Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    edited November 2014
    So lets get this over with I guess:

Well bsb are my initials, my first name being Benedikt. I'm 17 years old and come from Austria and live pretty close to Vienna the capital. I still go to school and I'm currently in my final year. After school we either have to go to the military for some months or instead (what I will do) do community service. I personally will try to get a job at the ambulance because I guess some education on first aid can never be bad thing to have.
    After that I want to study at the Montan University, which is a rather small but supposeably really good one, focusing on Resources, Energy and the whole process of finding, manufacturing and recycling them. I'm interested into petroleum engeniering, but since you don't have to decide till after your first year there I guess I still could change my mind on it and study geolgy or material sciences or something else instead. I for sure don't wanna just have a boring office job thats for sure!!!
    For my past I don't know what to tell you other than that I have been on exchange in the US and lived there in Plainfield Illinois which is pretty close to chicago. This was probably one of my decisions of my life and I am planning to study in Australia for one year while I'm in college, because living in a different country just rewards you with so many experiences and you just meet so many new people :)

I really like games and music (play the sax myself) but I guess I've already talked about those things on other threads.
    I also do enjoy doing sport (not watching them though) and did cross country in America which kinda ruined running for me, because although not to being too bad at it, I hurt myself doing it and I guess I just feel like I ran enough for my life now ^^
    I also love reading books (especially fantasy) and just finished reading the first book of the king killer chronicles. I'm also anticipating the next Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) book but I guess I  still will have to wait for that some more time...

I guess all the things that just make us not get along with each other, like greed, racism, egoism, stubbornness in the sense of not being open minded. All stupid things like that...
    ... and also Latin. Especially since I have a two hour test next week and I probably gonna/ or should revisit all the grammar and translate some stuff this weekend :(

-Getting off my butt and working out more often again
    -And stop being lazy and finishing off my VWA  (somewhat like a bachelor/master thesis, just that I have to do it inorder to graduate school) ... another thing I don't like (it' just too much writing)

And thats about it ... :)

• Options
    @bsb333‌ Sounds like you've got an interesting and productive life going. Keep up the awesomeness, and we're glad to have you around!
  • Options
    bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    @bsb333 KINGKILLER IS THE BEST HOLYMOLY. I've been waiting for that last book. The second one is even more nuts. Good choice.
  • Options
    @BscotchSam‌ It sure is one of the greatest books I've ever read. Can't wait to go to the libary again and to pick up the next two books^^ (day 2 is split up into two parts in german)
  • Options
    IsisEdenIsisEden Bscotch Posts: 10 Babbyscotch

Hello, Bscotchers! I guess this is the best place to put my first post. I'm Krys, born and bred in the Philippines. I'm 29 and I'm getting married June of this year (yay). I'm a nursing graduate because (at that time) demand for nurses was sky-high and my relatives had this idea that I *had* to go to *insert first world country here* to have a better life (just so you know, my life is pretty darn good, if somewhat boring).

I'm not into sports and I know nothing about programming. Like I said, boring.

Books, games, music, and anime/manga. Oh, and randomly non-geek-related, makeup.
    Books - Neil Gaiman and Stephen King
    Games - Final Fantasy series, Diablo, DOTA and League of Legends. Currently working on Shadow of Mordor while dreaming about Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    Music - Nirvana, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters
    Anime/Manga - Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, Darker than Black, Noblesse, The Gamer.

Prejudice.

I'm trying to get back into writing prose again. I used to be a pretty emo kid and wrote a lot of dark stuff. I blame it on my fiance.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Oh, and I don't like bananas, but I occasionally use it for scale. (9gaggers will know)
  • Options
    @IsisEden‌ Welcome! And congrats on your upcoming wedding! Not liking sports or knowing programming doesn't make a person boring (in fact, being into either of those things has a proven track record of making people boring!). 
  • Options
    ceanjiceanji Bscotch Posts: 23 Butter Churner
    Born and raised in NYC. Going back to school for my bachelor's degree. Social Work
    Fav things: My wife, kid, and the cat. Moonlit walks on the beach barefoot, Drinking Pina Colidas, Not a fan of getting caught in the rain.
    Things I can't stand. Intolerance and the Dutch.
  • Options
    @Ceanji‌ The dutch?
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @Ceinji @IsisEden Welcome here guys! Glad to see new people coming! :smile:
    And yeah IsisEden, don't worry you aren't boring because you're not into sport, or programming, or bananas!
    And yeah @Ceanji‌ why the Dutch?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    ceanjiceanji Bscotch Posts: 23 Butter Churner
    edited January 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

it's a paraphrase from a movie. I should have quoted better
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @Ceanji‌ now it makes more sense! 
  • Options
    bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    @Ceanji‌ I giggled at the dutch comment, then giggled when everyone was suddenly concerned about your prejudice. BAHAHAAAA!

@IsisEden WELCOME. What do you usually play in league? I'm a support 9 times out of 10, but have recently taken to using Azir to go 1v5, because he's broken and it's enjoyable.
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the you're-not-boring reassurances :smile:
    @bscotchsam I'm more into ADR but sometimes I use Lux and Lulu with an AP (not support) build. I don't have a lot of heroes yet as I'm relatively new to the game, but I grew up playing DOTA so it shouldn't be too hard.
  • Options
    @IsisEden‌ @bscotchSam‌ You LOLers and your CRYPTIC LANGUAGE!!!
  • Options
    @IsisEden‌ Full metal alchemist is probably my all time favourite! Do you watch parasyte by chance? 
  • Options
    lamps169lamps169 Bscotch Posts: 2 Babbyscotch

BSCOTCHES! Believe it or not, there are actual people behind the usernames in these forums. ACTUAL PEOPLE. And I'm going to prove it. Here are a bunch of questions you can answer about yourself, so yonder other forumgoers can get to know you better!

(Every field is optional of course. IN FACT, THE WHOLE THING IS OPTIONAL.)

Tell us about yourself. What's your story? i love lamp.  ha, that was in a movie and so i grabed the idea for me online moniker...

(Bands, foods, artists, brown paper packages tied up with string)

food is good, now i go make a pie... anytime is a good time for pie.

only one thing... in the whole universe...hmmm peeps that squeeze toothpaste tubes from the middle.  oh and all the leftover cheese that slides off the burger...

(Learning a new skill, Getting in shape, etc...)

trying this butterup thing for one...i figure if im gonna keep playing BS games why not throw'em a few bucks after all i must enjoy thier games!  keep em coming guys!

Oh, also, you'll get a sweet badge and some points if you fill this out.

DAT BADGE RIGHT DER

• Options
    @bsb333, not yet, but it's on my list! i don't watch a lot of anime anymore (signs of aging), but I still read manga at work. I LOVED FMA. and I mean LOVED.