Options

General Discussion (Crashlands alpha)

Comments

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @BscotchSeth‌ That's sad to hear. It won't change the awesomeness of Crashlands.

I've got a question. May we have an ETA, even if imprecise please?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    InferiorPickleInferiorPickle Bscotch, Tester Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    If you allow anything to be used as a weapon, maybe you could make it do a whole lot less damage. This could lead to some frying pan cat fights... :D
  • Options
    Oh and what time is the download?
  • Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Not totally sure yet. We're hooking up the last of the analytics RIGHT NOW and implementing the Bscotch ID login. We'll do testing tonight and then upload tomorrow as soon as any last-minute bugfixes are complete.
  • Options
    cmanredcmanred Bscotch, Tester Posts: 22 Babbyscotch
    Sounds good on my end
  • Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Eeeeeeheheheheh. So excited!

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    We're aiming for 2pm UTC-6. NO GUARANTEES.

Expect an email around that time with final instructions. GET PUMPED! I know we are.
  • Options
    Woot!
  • Options
    Slight problem. 2PM UTC is midnight for me. On the dot. I'm pumped but not that pumped. Dayumn... D;
  • Options
    Should be 7p.m for me :smile:
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    @InferiorPickle‌ Guess you'll just have to catch up after everyone else goes to sleep!
  • Options
    I wanted to do my homework tomorrow but it turns out I'm going to spend hours on Crashlands. I'll do the homework later.

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌ :D 

When Half Life 2 and, later, Fallout: New Vegas came out I dropped my ENTIRE LIFE for a week to just play the crap out of those games. Those were the good old days.
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    A week? PAH! I dropped my entire life for YEARS to play World of Warcraft.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited October 2014
    My presence in class is mandatory and my courses are just awesome. I may conciliate both since I don't have a ton of courses. So I can have a love life, go to class and play almost all the rest of the time!

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌ Sounds like you've got your act together!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    At least I guess I'm trying to. It worked pretty well until now. However I'm waiting for the next 30 minutes :smile:

• Options
    God I feel like my kids on Xmas eve haha.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dang I'm stupid it is in an our. I'm gonna sleep so I can play the game tomorrow from 8a.m. to 4p.m UTC+1 (I forgot the +1 in my computations) non stop or almost without stop.

• Options
    Morning. Any news on the Alpha?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Propagating through Google Play! As soon as it appears, we'll send out an email.
  • Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    edited October 2014
    Wheeee. For a minute there I thought I had missed something and wasn't invited to the party anymore. This would make me extra sadfae.

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    We're live! Check your email!
  • Options
    How will you do for the alpha? Will you correct the bugs after the alpha or are you going to correct some of them directly?

• Options
    We will try to hotfix bugs as we go (particularly major ones), but comments about UI, usbability, balance, etc... won't be fixed during the alpha. That'll all be part of a big overhaul for the beta!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok :smile:
    Oh and how do you compute game times on the leaderboards? I'm almost certain I played way more than 2 hours and a half. My guess is that you consider the time as seen by the game for your stats, and since I run at 12 FPS from dawn to dusk it must have an influence. If I'm right and you plan to use time for other things that may cause some problems.

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌ Crashes or starting your save over also lead to lost game time. We're recording the linear time spent in a single game, and the score is the max recorded (so if you crash it will be stuck at your best until you catch back up). @BscotchSeth‌ can answer the part about FPS.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @BscotchAdam‌ Ok I understand.
    @BscotchAdam @BscotchSam‌ @BscotchSeth‌ This game is awesome!

• Options
    @Ulnarevern‌ Thanks! And nice work powering through to the top of the pack even after your late start!
  • Options
    Yes sir, if you're running at 12FPS then your game time will be much lower, since Game Maker ties the game's processing speed to the FPS. We may have to evaluate whether that would cause big problems with the gameplay...

What's your device, by the way?

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer