Options

General Discussion (Crashlands alpha)

Comments

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    edited October 2014
    Xperia U on Android 2.3.7 (no root or custom rom. It is the Timescape [Sony] version of Android, plus useless from Orange)
    It's the same thing as Quadropus Rampage (when I'm rampaging only), it is slower but still playable. I haven't found any big problem (it may even be an advantage since you need less reflexes)

The interesting thing is that it goes 12 FPS only for the night, when you probably apply the filtering/post-process. There may be a possibility of optimization? The rest of the time I'm running at 45 FPS or something.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    That is good to know! I'll see if I can speed that up a bit.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Oh and the most probable issue would be a long craft would be even longer.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    TRUE! That's my bigger concern.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Check out my AMAZING wobblygong weapon. Caught it fishing, bit it only has like a 1/1000 chance or something ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I am now running at 13-14 FPS at night (so it's already a gain). In fact I'm playing like 1/4 of the real speed or something?
    I was wondering, how are you doing the night/dark effect? @BscotchSeth‌

• Options
    The game's base FPS is 30, so you're playing at about half speed at night. WHICH SUCKS.

Basically, at night we draw a big dark rectangle over the whole screen, then punch holes
    in it where there are lights in the world. The lights also update a grid (like a 2D array) with their light values.

Individual objects then figure out where they are on that grid and color themselves accordingly, based on the values of the light within the grid spaces. 

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    So there's probably no way to do much better. It's probably the "lighting and coloring" part that my phone doesn't like.

• Options
    Build a bed and avoid the night!
  • Options
    How would I craft stuff that requires killing night creatures?

• Options
    UHHHH. You couldn't.... :D
  • Options
    cmanredcmanred Bscotch, Tester Posts: 22 Babbyscotch
    Sweet! @BscotchAdam‌ I didn't know we could catch weapons from quadropus. 
  • Options
    WAIT IS THAT THING IN QUADROPUS?
  • Options
    I don't think so.

• Options
    Will you realase an iOS and Windows Phone version?
    And I was wondering if it wasn't possible to make this game available on computers too? That would rock as hell!

• Options
    cmanredcmanred Bscotch, Tester Posts: 22 Babbyscotch
    I thought there was. For some reason I remember seeing that snake thing before
  • Options
    It was in a news on the official website (Let's play What is that) but I'm certain that wasn't in Quadropus (or it is a ridiculously rare one)

• Options
    I don't think it's in QR.

As to the iOS, Windows, etc etc. It will definitely be cross-platform as far as we can take it. Obviously Android, definitely iOS (though with a delay), and highly likely some sort of keyboard/mouse PC variant. The Android and iOS versions will be the same, though they may be monetized differently. The PC version will need to be rebalanced and we'll have to spend time tooling up good keyboard shortcuts and new menu behaviors, and we hope to have some better FX that we can get away with on mobile.
  • Options
    Sounds logical. Good luck :)

• Options
    It's totally unintuitive, so don't worry that you didn't find it. They are little red ball things in the bog. You have to throw the little green things into them, which causes the jollies to spit back resources.
  • Options
    I'm so far from you guys...

• Options
    Well hey, playing a half speed will do that!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm playing half speed only half of the time, so i loose only a quarter of my time compared to you (a solid 1 hour and stuff i guess). I just have not as much time as you to play I guess...
    And I'm probably slowpoke too. I take my time.

• Options
    Who is Albi? A weird Wompit that can be tammed only after it was smashed really hard in the face?
    I believe it is a unique or really rare creature (6 hearts to tame), but I'm wondering if you found similar creatures?

• Options
    Yep, there are "boss" versions of every creature. They're much more powerful than normal, much higher level, are the biggest of their kind, and have unique colors/art to them. You can only tame them by defeating them in combat, and only one of each exists in the world.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Nice. Just can't wait to find other boss to bash them and gently tame them right after.

• Options
    Will an internet connection be needed for the beta? I'm curious.

• Options
    Probably, so we can collect DATA!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Ok so we'll see when it goes beta I guess :smile: 

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Another question: did you do anything with Crashlands that may influence QR experience? I feel like everything in QR is faster that before I installed and played Crashlands... :neutral_face:
    Otherwise it's magic but really nice.