Options

Alpha test feedback

bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
edited October 2014 in Crashlands Alpha
Bugs, etc! Please keep all reports (that aren't already made in-game) within this thread.

Comments

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    Fix incoming!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Hm. We had fixed that earlier this week. Must've gotten UNFIXED.
  • Options
    CRAP! Will fix it again!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    I had the "teleporter/floor" crash before updating... was it just me or when it happened for you guys; after rebooting Flux just kept running in a south-east direction. Nothing could stop him. It was like he was running from the cops or something. Can't recreate it now though. Everything places fine so far.

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    edited October 2014
    So it launches correctly for me but the login keyboard is a bit too low (it's complicated to type on the bottom line). I submitted the other feedback through the dedicated thing. (if you already read the rest I mistaked sawgrass and the weapon)
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I tried to screenshot a few menus and the game.

- Screenshot in game works without problem (didn't see one at least)

- Screenshot in menus don't crash the game but when we get back to the game, there is either a strange pause menu (with the equipment, feedback and other buttons centered on the screen) or the HUD appears over the menu and then disappear when we get back to the game.

First Example. It seems to be the same for all the craft menus

After:

Second Example. It seems to be the same for the other menus (bottom left)

After:

And in the end we have this in game (for both cases):

- Screenshot in the weapon creation success window DOES NOT work. It crashes the game on my phone. AND I lost the weapon. Needless to say it was harsh (you also lose the items used to craft). It may need to be tried again after the "Equip" button appears.

It may be that, after taking a screenshot, the game reloads stuff and may not reload only the good things. So probably checking in which menu the player was before loading? Or something like that

French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I "tabbed" out of the game to check a message and upon returning had lost my main GUI.... uh screen shot doesnt seem to work for me. :/ Odd.

At the time I was waiting for a machine to build something. The skinner building a breaker. The pause menu overlay was up, backed out of that fine, exited the machine interface just fine. But the main icon menu on the bottom and the left were gone. Game reset returned them.

Bug repeated successfully. Samsung Galaxy S4. Phone's main menu button back to the desktop, "alt tab" back into the game and the menu's gone again. Still can't screenshot while bug happening.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    I believe it's for a similar reason as my screenshot stuff.

• Options
    InferiorPickleInferiorPickle Bscotch, Tester Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    You need to generate the start to be a little bit more resource friendly. Then, it gradually gets less resource active later on

• Options
    InferiorPickleInferiorPickle Bscotch, Tester Posts: 50 Butter Churner
    Also, I need a setting to have a giant arrow pointing the way to a selected area to know how to get around without teleporters. Waypoints...
  • Options
    There's actually a bunch of signs you can make to mark certain areas for teleport. Plus the random teleport pads all over the place.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    @MeaKitty‌ Thanks I didn't even saw there was other recipes.

• Options
    Whew! Sounds like the "pause" menu is really causing some problems. We'll get to work on it ASAP!

Regarding this:
    @InferiorPickle "You need to generate the start to be a little bit more resource friendly. Then, it gradually gets less resource active later on"

What resources are you finding to be too rare, and what are you trying to build?

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    I wonder if I'm the only one, but I found only 3 warp portals at the beginning of the game and now I don't find any other portal

• Options
    They're somewhat rare; you just got lucky at the beginning! Keep going; you'll find more!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    And note that you have to ACTIVATE portals before they show up on the map. So you might have walked by some, just off-screen, without realizing that they are there!
  • Options
    @BscotchAdam Apparently it's no more needed in the next update (and I noticed before)

• Options
    Better feed your your wompit!
  • Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    When I tapped the play button on my Samsung Galaxy SIII mini the screen blacked out...

• Options
    I can still hear the music though
  • Options
    Hm. That's two devices now now. What Android version?
  • Options
  • Options
    Do I need to upgrade it maybe ?
  • Options
    No idea! It's probably an issue with the combination of our Dev platform and your device, so we have no way to fix it :(. Upgrading might make it work, I have no idea!
  • Options
    I can't upgrade it...  :(
    It's annoying because the game works and I just can't see it behind that black screen unless I press the home button for 1 second
  • Options
    Sorry, I wish we had a fix for ya!
  • Options
    I've got a weird bug that when I go to exit the game via the pause menu everything flickers before it finally closes. Everything saves alright and it closes and reopens just fine, just weirdly flickers.

Also got a ton of other feedback, I've been making paper notes. Shocking, I know. I will put it up tonight, most of it is to do with gameplay feedback and impressions. Haven't actually found any game breaking bugs other than the initial ones.

I will say I'm really impressed with it though. Tons of positive notes to go with everything. ^_^

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    WOOHOO! Thanks Mea! Looking forward to hearing all your complaints/compliments :D

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    JoeyMaruJoeyMaru Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper, Tester Posts: 31 Babbyscotch
    Heya!

I hit another fatal error, I was experiencing some framerate problems after playing for awhile, I was getting around 25 FPS, I usually get 70~80 pretty consistently. Restarting the app fixed the problem.

Now onto the error!

I went to make that feedback report, and after it was successful, I returned to the app, only to find this message. (I would copy paste, but my phone won't let me.. :/, so here are some screen shots.)

I read zug in there a couple of times, if it helps at all, a Zug was my active pet at the time the bug occurred.

• Options
    Oh no! Butterscotch Shenanigans is trying to DIVIDE BY ZERO. Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~|