Options

Alpha test feedback

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoeyMaruJoeyMaru Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper, Tester Posts: 31 Babbyscotch
    Awesome! Thank you again, it works great! I can now build the materials with the thrombopump. 
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have made it to the Tundra, and so far it is my favorite!

It was kind of hard at first, since those Mersive Shirks were near the beginning for me, and they could 1 hit me, but I have gotten good and kicking their shirk bums!

I want to play through the Tundra a little more I haven't got too far into it yet, but I have done a bit! I did find this super awesome weapon that I probably shouldn't have yet (Since I can fish with a level 2 pole in this area).

Also, I love my gentleman armor! I have kept the helmet even into the next set because it is just so freakin' AWESOME!
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    OOOOO! Yeah that shouldn't be catchable with a level 2 fishing pole, but... GRATS! That bonkagong owns.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Yeah man, I didn't get to use it for very long but when I did it was awesome. I just want to say I had a huge blast playing this. If you guys have any more questions or anything just let me know! 
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    Speaking about fishing poles, is it normal to be able to fish bawg water holes with a level 1 fish pole? You may look for level 1 fishing in the tundra too.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Nope! That was definitely a mistake. There are new fishing poles on both biomes
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    JoeyMaru said:
    Yeah man, I didn't get to use it for very long but when I did it was awesome. I just want to say I had a huge blast playing this. If you guys have any more questions or anything just let me know! 
    And thank you for playing it so dang much! We've got tons of useful info now thanks to you and all the other testers.

Oh, and we've added the Bonkagong, Wobblygong, and Jackagong as findable weapons in Quadropus Rampage for the next patch, so you won't have to say goodbye to your Bonkagong just yet.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    @BscotchSeth‌
    Sweet! I'm glad I could help, I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the beta release!

I'll have to checkout the updates, and hunt down my Bonkagong again!
  • Options
    cmanredcmanred Bscotch, Tester Posts: 22 Babbyscotch
    Popping in with a random BscotchID inter - game unlockables. ..maybe in crashlands you would be able to catch tack and/or bingo for use as pets?!?  :#
  • Options
    @cmanred‌ Turns out we've already considered this ;)
  • Options
    B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    edited November 2014
    Since I wasnt able to sign up for the alpha testing, I havent been able to play crashlands yet and cant wait. However, since I dont know too much about it, I was just wondering, is it a fully online game? As in, do you have to have a stable internet connection in order to start playing? If so then it may not allow one to play everywhere they go like on a journey since not everyone has internet on their phones or tablets. Due to this, I tried thinking up a possible solution and have made some kind of suggestion. Firstly I understand that you have to log in into the game but u should make it so then u only have to login once and not every time if not already and must log out manually unless you decide to change this in the settings or something. When playing offline you should have some data from online play saved on the phone and allow the user to access this and whenever they r online, the data should be uploaded onto the online file so then nothing is changed. Maybe you should have a play offline button or something like that as well. I think I said that right cuz iv slightly confused myself and really dont wanna go back to read the absurd text up ther-^...

I hope iv actually in some way contributed to this discussion!!     
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Nope, no constant connection required! The way we're working with the BscotchID stuff is that you can log in once, and that login is remembered by your device, even if it goes offline. So the next time you have an active connection, it'll sync up whatever data it needs to. But if you have no connection, it doesn't cut off access to the game.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    B3A5TB3A5T Bscotch Posts: 39 Butter Churner
    Cool!! I learn something new everyday! Are there going to be anymore tests? If so, when? I would love to be involved with something as exciting as this! 
    B3/\5T
    Just a random guy!

• Options
    This makes me think about another question: will you alpha/beta test the PC version too?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    PROBABLY... Though not as extensively. We play it on PC 99% of the time while developing, and just about any PC can run it, so there won't be as many unforeseen issues.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    That's a huge point.
    So that means you already have computer controls ready? And then does that mean the same thing for Quadropus and Towelfight?

• Options
    Yep, though it's not quite as simple as just having computer controls. The interface has to be updated to convey those controls to the player, where applicable. Fortunately for Crashlands, everything is done with the mouse, so... THERE'S THAT!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Woohoo!
    We'll see with time for the other games then. I have understood you have a huge lot of stuff to do before :smile: 

• Options
    We did have PC versions of Towelfight and Quadropus up on our site, but they rarely were downloaded. We got maybe.... 10-20 cents a day on average from those.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I wonder how BscotchID and all the renewing of your games would affect that if you ever put them on pc again. Have you considered making a bundle (for after)?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    BscotchID will definitely give us more power to reach out to our players and let them know that things like this exist. That's a big reason why we're working so hard on BscotchID-ifying our games right now; we have to lay down the foundation for all this cool stuff!

We haven't considered making a bundle, but now that you mention it.... WE'LL SEE!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Nice! We just have to let you do your job then :)

• Options
    It's not going to do ITSELF!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    LololomgasdLololomgasd Bscotch Posts: 2 Babbyscotch
    Help me please! I can't login with my bscotch id. When I try to login it says "failed to login. Be sure you're on the net excetera". I tried a lot of times but i still can't connect. Please help me, I want to plays this game
  • Options
    Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Alpha testing is over,  they shut down the game until beta testing or until they release it if you dont get into beta testing. We all have to wait to play
  • Options
    LololomgasdLololomgasd Bscotch Posts: 2 Babbyscotch
    Okay, thanks
  • Options
    @Lololomgasd Where did you get the alpha?

• Options
    @Ulnarevern that's a good question...
  • Options
    R4V3NR4V3N Bscotch Posts: 40 Butter Churner
    Obviously Grubby has been doing backstreet deals again