Options

Alpha test feedback

Comments

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    WE THOUGHT WE COULD DO ANYTHING. WE WERE WRONG!
    Looks like our "within range" script can't handle it when the range is zero. OOPS! We'll fix that up ASAP! In the meantime, it seems like an edge case, so you should be fine trying to throw that zugball again.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    There's a little something that bugs me. The glidopus hatchling attacks doesn't reach you if you were far and they were moving towards you. They don't move enough so when you walk away from them, you just have to wait for their attack that won't hit you. I'm not sure I was clear on this one.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    And about the health/damage percentage it seemed obvious once you explained it (maybe just give the reference animal) It may be enough to explain it in the tutorial of the final version :) And the feedback response system works great and is really enlightening
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    There's a little something that bugs me. The glidopus hatchling attacks doesn't reach you if you were far and they were moving towards you. They don't move enough so when you walk away from them, you just have to wait for their attack that won't hit you. I'm not sure I was clear on this one.
    Yeah, they activate their attack from a bit too far out. Easy fix!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Random suggestion: why released named pets (when you change one) doesn't become boss(es?) after a few time?
    It is probably stupid for now, but once the game is released and running?

• Options
    Interesting idea! We have some big thoughts on how to overhaul the pets and make them way more interesting in the beta. YOU SHALL SEE!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    MeaKittyMeaKitty Bscotch, Tester Posts: 131 Shenaniduke
    Woohoo. Awesome.  Cuz I love the pets. Do annoying when you lose them though. Can't wait to see what ideas we've all inspired. 

~~~***~~~ 
    MeaKitty: The Resident Kitty Artist

See my work at  PhoenixFire Art
    Also Graphic Artist and Web Designer
    See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~| GooglePlus |Facebook | Twitter | Sketchfest |~

Merchandise Available to support Me
     ~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    Or just pledge to support me directly
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    WILLY! Hit the button on the main menu to upload your save file, and we'll get you sorted ASAP!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Thanks Willy! I will load it up and see what happened.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    I think it's something I can get settled and patched for ya. Don't wipe that save yet!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Okay seem to have a bug with Squee Trees? Just harvested my small plantation and got 1 seed from it..  I saw it on the ground, but apparently I didn't pick it up? I mean I did, but it's not in my inventory. It dome disappeared. 

Couldn't recreate ot with a with plant, but I'll try again with my plantation in... whatever it is, an hour? 

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    edited October 2014
    and then this happened when I warped home and tried to exit the game via the menu.

Delete and see comment below

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    edited October 2014
    You may add an "attack" button for the pet. It would be awesome.

• Options
    And then this happened when I warped home and tried to exit the game via the menu. Problem reasserted itself when I loaded the game back up again. The exact same error message word for word.

Hrmm, why can I add images to my post? Oh there we go.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Does this error completely break your game? Do you have the most recent version? Seth fixed some problems with the has rack in that one, so we need to know if this is a new or old bug.
  • Options
    Seems that any time someone exits the game with the hat rack on screen, it does something HORRIBLE. I think this is the same bug; just didn't get it fixed.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    @MeaKitty we'll get you set up so you can upload your save file and we can take a look at it.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Yeah, seemed to load alright once I put the hatrack back in my inventory. Long as it's not placed and onscreen, it seems.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    OK COOL. Keep on playing then. We'll just try to get that hatrack bug fixed!
  • Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    edited October 2014
    Hey ! remember me ? The guy that couldn't play crashlands because a black screen was on top of the game ? I installed a screen filter app that sorta gets over the problem ! Yay ! The only problem though is that crashlands only runs at 25-30 fps :/
    Fyi the app I installed is called Lux lite dash
  • Options
    The hat rack may depend of the hat too. I'm not certain but I believe I already left the game with the hat rack on screen and launched it back without problem. I have an old wood hat on it.

• Options
    The hat rack problem relates to the save file being split in a kinda stupid way. If one of the save files doesn't fully save, the other save file will be digging into it and looking for information that doesn't exist, which is causing these crashes. Will definitely have to update the save system after this alpha is done...

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    @Meakitty I'd say just avoid using that dang hatrack for now!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    @Kiwicat4444‌ Weird... We're still waiting to see if Yoyo Games has a bugfix for this screen problem.
  • Options
    @BscotchSeth‌ Yeah, it's just sitting in my inventory. If I could throw it in my hearth and burn it I would. Not really sure what the point of it is anyway, I was just building some furniture to test things out and fill up my 'house'.

~~~***~~~ 

See my other work at
    Weird Dreams Ink 

~|
    Redbubble | Zazzle |~
    ~| 
    My Patreon |~

• Options
    It's just a thing.... To put your hat on!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Kiwicat4444Kiwicat4444 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 20 Butter Churner
    @BscotchAdam‌ Is my low fps problem related to my device ? If so is there a way to get the game to work more fluidly ?

• Options
    The first question: definitely. To the second question: not yet, sorry! We haven't heard from Yoyo, and it may be something they can't figure out. The hardest thing about Android development is that there are thousands of different devices, each with its own unique combination of software and hardware, and invariably some devices and apps just don't mix. It's amazing the Android market works at all!
  • Options
    JoeyMaruJoeyMaru Bscotch, 8-Bit Dev Piper, Tester Posts: 31 Babbyscotch
    edited October 2014
    I broke the game again! :) after I got that patched apk from @BscotchSeth‌(thank you again!) I tried building the material again, but I got a different error this time. It let me login the first time, but the second time it crashes before loading! 
  • Options
    Just pushed a fix through the alpha channel!

You can wait to get it through there, or you can get the APK directly through dropbox at
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gheux7yaiz2p7s3/Crashlands v0.0.175.apk?dl=0

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer