Flop Rocket v2.0 Early Access

Comments

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    Yep, some people will get annoyed, but those are the same people who feel they are entitled to all content for free and who believe that devs don't deserve to make money doing what they do. So, ya know, they'll just have to be annoyed!
  • UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    But won't it risk that some persons that buy - let's say - all the games (we know about so Roid Rage, Flop Rocket, Crashlands, Narwhal and Towelfight) will just don't want to buy other, newer games? It is a kind of Sword of Damocles no?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

Seems to me that if they wouldn't want to buy later games because of that, they wouldn't want to buy them anyway!
    You've got a point X)
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• akkmedakkmed Bscotch Posts: 20 Babbyscotch
    Shift key doesn't appear to do anything on the in game Bscotchid keyboard
    @akkmed‌ Yeah... Seth screwed it up. It'll be fixed in the patch we'll put out this evening!
  • CyberKlown28CyberKlown28 Bscotch Posts: 48 Babbyscotch
    Is it normal to die within 3 seconds of starting, over and over, then throw the tablet across the room and start crying?
    This is totally normal. We were actually hired by a competitor to the maker of your tablet, who claims that their own hardware is the most resistant to being thrown across a room in frustration.
    edited November 2014
    By the way did you try the first version? It was a freaking nightmare compared to this version. At least it's my feeling. It is/was EVEN WORSE with Roid Rage.

@BscotchAdam You forgot to mention that you also have a agreement with the psychologist consortium (or whatever it is in the US) and you're hired to help for a social study. Or did your brothers forgot to mention that when you joined?

THERE IS NO CONSORTIUM

I swear.

And yes the previous Roid Rage had a totally different difficulty curve. It's still super hard though. The server is set up to store a max of 255 for Best Juice, because by that time 30% of the screen will be asteroids and we figured VERY few people would make it there. Previous Flop Rocket was basically a different game entirely, so it's hard to compare, but all of the new upgrade tracks and the powerups help a LOT. Especially armor and the Duck Cannon.
    edited November 2014
    Indeed.
    Oh I must have misunderstood, my bad :smile: 

• Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Just got the newest version of flop rocket and I saw that you could send gifts to friends  and so I tried.  I got an error message that I didn't get a chance to get a screen capture and the game shut down.  I went back in and the gift button was gone.  I tried syncing with the server and clearing the cache but it's still gone
    WELL CRAP. Did this happen after you sent the gift, or when you bought it?

And if it was when you tried to send the gift, did your friend receive it?

We'll get you sorted!
    I clicked send a gift and the error code popped up.  Never got a chance to view, select, or buy and gift or send it
    Ah, so you didn't lose a purchase or anything?

The button only appears when you have friends who are not Buttered Up. Do you have any more friends with lock icons in your leaderboards? Maybe we screwed up the code that checks for unbuttered friends.

(I'm really glad we called it Buttering Up, because then I get to say things like "your unbuttered friends")
    I don't see a lock on any of my 5 friends.  Perhaps the gift button popped up before it realized that everyone was buttered up,  and then the error occurred because it found that everyone was buttered up.  And yes the buttered friends makes for wonderfully awkward conversations.  I've never used the word so much before
    I think I have one or two reasons to justify that I needed "only" 123 runs to finish:
    Since my phone has a lot of weird behaviors, I'm forced to move cautiously, so basically it's easier for me to avoid the obstacle. I just make an angle somewhere between 45 and 90 degrees (from on horizontal axis) and I just regularly use the thrust and I almost never use the slidewheel. I move slowly but with much less risk.
    That and the fact that I've the framerate drop when I have earthworms so it gives me a lot of time to react.

• HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    I got that same error where it said I could butter someone up, but after clicking it turned out no one needed buttering up. Then doing something like going back to the main screen gave me an error message. Not sure what the cause was though.
    This only came up for me when I got new friends from my post. Immediately after confirming them I got notification that I could Butter Up new friends. I checked the interface and suddenly understood the "gift" perks but after I forced sync i saw that all my friends buttered themselves.
    edited November 2014
    @bsb333‌ @sam Yeah it seems there are some weird things going on with gifting. The two interfaces where the button can appear are a little different, and I think we need to double-check the code.

In the friends list, you can see people who have never even played the game. Those friends are definitely not Buttered Up, and you should be able to do that for them. In the leaderboards you only see friends who have played the game, so the button should appear only if you have friends who have the game already but are not Buttered Up.

That's probably unnecessarily confusing, and might also be working weirdly!
  • bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    Well since it is thanksgiving over there in your country, thanks for making awesome games bs brothers!!!
    HEY THANKS! We just got back from a week of eating and relaxing, and we're now ready to get right back into it.
    I've been diligently trying to climb the final rungs of my Bscotch leaderboard and gorging on turkey intermittently. I am very excited to see the updates to your two biggest titles and can't wait to go perk hunting.

If only I could get my rocket out of this damned cave!
    It is possible to hit ground and lose armor point when you turn too fast on a launchpad. Not really important but still amusing.

Heh. Maybe we'll just leave that!
    edited December 2014
    And who noticed tricks? I don't think it's really usefull (except getting back armor but it's so risky that I don't recommend it)

I didn't notice it, PLEASE TELL ME!
    edited December 2014
    Just turn like a crazy guy and you'll have tricks. You can do it on launchpads too but you may damage your vessel. Some of them seems to bring armor back I was just purchasing armor by mistake... but I'm not sure tricks are reproducible. It doesn't seem so.

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    Tricks? You mean like backflips and front flips?

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

Yes. Aren't those tricks technically speaking? (it's an occasion to make my English better apparently X) )