Options

Flop Rocket v2.0 Early Access

Comments

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    YEP, but it could also be confused with "hacks" in this situation.

We did have front and backflips as part of the missions, but these are super-hard with the slide-wheel control and so we dropped them. They are still being saved, so far as I know, in case we decide to use them in the future.
  • Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    Yep they are! If you use the Button controls, you can do lots of them.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    Okay thanks :smile:
    And now I'll try to avoid using this precise word in this precise case ^^
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    Actually it's the correct word, but it has lots of meanings, so it's not always the clearest!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    I don't know how, but I lost all my coins. I just started game and there was 0. I'm not sure but I had definitely more than 5000. I don't need them back, I just want to make sure you know about this.
  • Options
    @Etrusan‌ Hm. Are you playing on multiple devices? Spent coins sit in a sort of negative bank reserve until they can be synced to the server, so it is possible to spend more than you have when switching between devices. It can definitely be a surprise when this happens, since you could have several thousand negative coins stuck in limbo that suddenly get synced.

If you're pretty sure this isn't the case do you have any other relevant info? For example, did you just start a fresh save and sync with the server? Or did you go back to an old save you hadn't played for a while?

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    No, I have one device, one save. Everything was ok yesterday. I wanted to check my inbox when I noticed that all coins are gone.
  • Options
    Weird. I'll check out the logic and throw some coins your way.
  • Options
    I don't really need the coins but thanks.
  • Options
    @Etrusan‌ Maxed out on everything and winning at every run, I suppose? :wink: 
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Not everything, I have Agility on +57 and it's already too much. Same story with Thrust - 1200N.
  • Options
    HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    Pretty sure I unlocked something for maxing out all the upgrades if you want to do that... 
  • Options
    What is the 'something'? I don't want to screw handling for some avatar.
  • Options
    HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    I dunno cause it was unlocked before they added bscotchid to towel fight /quadropus. (I think I closed it fast?). I'm sure Seth, Sam, or Adam could tell you?
  • Options
    @Etrusan‌ @sam It's MUCH cooler than an avatar. But I'll leave it as a surprise.

I'll talk with Seth about how difficult it would be to let players modify their steering within the bounds of the upgrade level. This issue has come up a few times.
  • Options
    Still, I keep my upgrades as the they are, I'm comfortable with them and the surprise? Maybe another time.
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    The "Floppy Rampage" isn't unlocking for Flop Rocket (the progress bar is blocked at half the way). In fact it is also blocked in Quadropus.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Yea it's doing that for me too
  • Options
    @Etrusan‌ Now you only need 80 upgrades total (10 maxed-out tracks) to get that Perk, so you won't need to upgrade your rotation/thrust higher than you want in order to get it.

@ulnarevern We'll take a look at the Floppy Rampage perk. Thanks for letting us know!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @BscotchAdam‌Yeah, still I had to make an update to get that perk.

Edit: How about adding settings to adjust controls between values you already purchased?
  • Options
    Just updated the new flop rocket and got a new error message.  I opened the game and went to the bscotch ID. The main menu opened fine but when I clicked the perks I got this message(sorry for he orientation, not sure why it flipped).  The game closed and when I went back in I could not replicate it. The game works fine and the perk page works fine the next time. 
  • Options
    This seems to be a rare event due to some sort of timing when switching tabs. I've sewn it too, but since I can't replicate it I can't find the source! Of you do manage to figure out how to trigger it on purpose please let us know.
  • Options
    Ok I'll keep at it
  • Options
    @duh8383‌ No worries! If it's rare it's not a big deal. Always better to have it fixed, of course, but no biggie.
  • Options
    22 times in space, 53 lost heroes, I wonder, is anyone better? No cheats, just good sountrack in my headset and fast thumbs.
  • Options
    bscotchsambscotchsam Administrator Posts: 106 Developer
    @Etrusan‌ screenshot that ridiculousness my friend.
  • Options
    But something is wring with total metres.
  • Options
    Yeah.... it might be that we didn't start counting total meters until a while after you started playing, I think!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Lifetime duck kills seems to be stuck too.
  • Options
    30 times in space, come on guys, beat me. I challenge you!