Quadropus Rampage v2.0 Early Access

Comments

• bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    edited December 2014
    @akkmed I manually added that extra ButterUp. Sorry you got caught between updates, it looks like purchases made in the version that had that error just EVAPORATE.

@duh8383 The white box thing and the overly sensitive buttons are still on the to-do list, so we'll get there. I couldn't find anything to explain the level discrepancy, so I'm going to attribute it to the older code in the production versions of FR and RR. Once we push out the update of those these will (hopefully) be resolved! As for the avatars, I totally overhauled how those work in order to reduce RAM requirements (not sure if it had that effect or not) and wanted to get it out last night even though it's behaving poorly. My first task of the day is to make them work. Finally, the Pete stuff has been and still is screwy. We had to change the code quite a bit to make sense with server syncing, and we just haven't quite gotten it right yet. Seth's working on it now.

@ulnarevern We're working on the Pete stuff, and Seth has found some key bugs that are likely culprits. The stat/perk info is super helpful. The stats are updated every time you go into the stat page, but the variables that they draw the values from must not be getting updated appropriately. We'll get that fixed! Same deal with Perks. If the perks are being updated frequently, but the variable they use lags behind, then they'll be incorrect regardless. AND there is definitely a Bingo Kills bug. Apparently it was tied to the original Achievement, which only went to 250, and so it maxes out at 250. Sorry about that... I gave you that Perk manually, since you've worked so hard and so fruitlessly at it (and probably should have had it by now anyway)!

During this testing stuff, don't worry if you end up in a backwards incompatible spot. Between the server saving your data and our ability to edit any value on the server, we can fix a lot of things if the server has to be wiped etc. Of course, beta testing is guaranteed to be a frustrating process, but if something is frustrating you to the point of not wanting to participate let us know and we'll try a manual fix if possible.

• bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    A few quick updates!

- We're aware of the Avatar problems (I posted about it above already); it's just in a weird transitional state right now. No worries; it'll be fixed soon!
    - There was a GLARING yet simple bug that was causing Pete to be considered alive when he was actually dead. Sort of backwards there.
    - The game should now sync your progress with BscotchID quite a bit more frequently.
    - The Bingo Kills perk is INDEED BROKEN! It was looking at the Bingo Kills mastery and sending that data to the server, but that mastery is capped at 250. Good eye! That will be fixed in the next push.
    - Our code has the Lucky Coin updating every time you pick one up. Not sure what's going on there! Though it sounds like you almost never die, which means you'll never consume the coin, which means you'll never get another one... so that might be why the perk isn't moving...

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    The gameplay is smooth but when I die, dying menu is really lagging. I have like 1 FPS and I can't quit normally. Any ideas?
    @Etrusan UHHHHH. It might be the sync event. We added it there whereas previously it was only allowed to happen on the Main Menu screen. Do you have a slow web connection?
  • bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    v2.0.5 Pushed out to Google Play!
    Bunch of bug fixes! Should no longer have Pete infinitely dying over and over again, and Avatars should now work properly.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

@BscotchAdam‌ - nope I have Wi-Fi (20/10). I think I'm gonna play one game offline and see what happens.
  • UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    I'm dang stupid I mistook Lucky Coin and Doubloon... Sorry
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• TichyTichy Bscotch Posts: 7 Babbyscotch
    Is restoring IAPs still broken? 
    @Tichy Seems to be, and we can't figure out why. On Google play, restored and new purchases go through the game in exactly the same way, and yet the restored ones are not working. This may have something to do with the broken states of the game during testing, but we can't tell the difference. If you need something restored let me know and I'll add it on the server.
  • TichyTichy Bscotch Posts: 7 Babbyscotch
    edited December 2014
    @BscotchAdam‌ Just the orb doubler. But it can wait until you find the general solution for past purchases. Thanks for the head up!

Edit: orb doubler restored! Thanks a lot :) 
    edited December 2014
    I got my orb counter reset with the update but I got 200 or so "bonus" doubloons. No problem by itself but I has to be signaled. I haven't been able to check the perks and stats, doing it right now.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

edited December 2014
    Just played a game without internet and the result? Absolutely no lags at all!
    @Etrusan‌ Probably coming from the sync, then! I'll check out the logic and make sure it's not syncing REPEATEDLY or something similarly terrible.
    Soooo... It seems that I have attained the maximum "max damage value", which is coded on 32 bits, so that'll be 2.147.483.648 damage points for me.
    The base damage of the weapon is just a bit under 1 billion damage points, and the game just don't change anymore (at least it seems).

By the way, the random generation acts weirdly from time to time, like I'll loot 5 doubloon in less than 10 depths and then nothing again for 50 depths. The same goes for Grubby and his ware. I know it's randomized but sometimes it feels like some depth range are more likely to give doubloons/weapons than others. I've no problem about it, just signaling.

• HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    All enemies have the same max life too I believe. Also I noticed a lack of heart fish at those levels except in bonus cheats. 

After the level ends, would it be possible to make the arrow point to any bonus chests and then to the nearest portal with chest and then to the neatest portal (or both portals)? Would make it easier...

Is it intended that the pen (where dodging does damage through enemies) only works once per enemy per dodge?
    Also it's possible to open a chest but not collect the doubloon. Kind of annoying when you start spinning to go to the next depth and there's a doubloon literally on top of you.
  • bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    Finally got my 25€ Google play gift card :)
    Now I'm finally ready!
    edited December 2014
    I noticed a little something: the protection icon (blue shield artifact) does not show above the Tack's head when falling to a new depth while you also have the cinderblock artifact, but it is operative. There are also some "0" damage (received) text that pops up from time to time

edited December 2014
    Still tells me that petamare is dead but I've not made it to 500m since the new update... he should be at 500 right? And also this... the one on the right was a green portal but when I closed and opened the game it suddenly looked and also acted like a red one
    @bsb333 If pete is dead, then he won't be showing up again...
  • Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    So I'm playing normal mode and I'm 3000 meters in and I killed one of those non aggressive snail enemies that give you a good weapon.  When I killed it off the side of the map the weapon didn't jump onto the platform like normal.  First time it has happened but I figured I would show you. 
    edited December 2014
    @sam i do know that. The problem is that I've never killed him and therefore never got the perk for doing so ... rather than being dead he never was alive or suicided himself, how ever you gonna take it
    @BscotchAdam could it be that i created this bug by killing petes reckoning twice? After I killed him the game crashed when I reopened the game i started with him being alive with some hp left but the also with the perk for killing him already unlocked. I selected my new perk and killed him again...
    @Ulnarevern‌ Yep, you have indeed hit the max! Everything sort of breaks at that point... The randomness you're describing is because it's truly random (well, truly pseudo-random, if the difference matters), so you should definitely find clusters of successes every now and then. Will definitely take care of that "0 damage" thing.

@duh8383 Neat! I've never seen an item get stuck out in space before. Probably a rare fluke, but I'll make a note to double-check the code.
    @BscotchAdam‌ ok just synced all my games with the server thanks in advance. The item being stuck in space hapened to me a couple of times aswell. You still can get it though if your fast enough and pick it up while dashing, don't think i've ever made it without falling down though.
    edited December 2014
    @bsb333 HM. Okay I'm going to move this conversation to PM. Check your forum mail.
  • Duh83Duh83 Bscotch, Tester Posts: 76 Butter Churner
    Yea the weapon stuck in the middle of nowhere happened again.  This time it was a normal enemy(sting ray I think).  I was able to time it so I switched the weapon so that still works,  I just had to end up falling to the next level. I didn't include a picture because it really wasn't that different, still normal mode around 3500 meters
    @duh8383 Well that's pretty damn reproducible. I've added it to Seth's ToDo list.
  • akkmedakkmed Bscotch Posts: 20 Babbyscotch
    After the update I have had just one instance of an artifact spawning over the void. Couldn't remember if it happened before the update so I didn't mention it. I have no further details unfortunately.  It was in the first 30 levels if that helps at all.
    @akkmed Cool, thanks.