Options

Quadropus Rampage v2.0 Early Access

Comments

• Options
    HopeofGloryHopeofGlory Bscotch Posts: 24 Babbyscotch
    So will you reset all the stats when the beta is over?
  • Options
    UlnarevernUlnarevern Bscotch, Moderator, Tester Posts: 318 mod
    @BscotchSeth‌ Haha no problem! I'll leave my place to real players I guess :smile:
    Even if it feels good to brag like "HEY! I've got a double world record!" it will be even better to feel like I deserve it.
    By the way this also mean that @sam will probably take over the leaderboards and the THE WORLD.

I also noticed something: when i fought against Pete (Petemare) I died at one or two strikes before killing him but then (on the next run) the game considered that I had killed him, so I got the perk and a dead Petemare.
    Can it be that Bingo finished him even when I was dead, or was it a lucky shot/thing? Or anything?
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.
    I also spend my time editing my own posts because it's a nice community here.

• Options
    bscotchAdambscotchAdam Administrator, Moderator, Tester Posts: 399 Developer
    @Sam NOPE. Just pretend like it was always that hard when your friends ask how in the hell you got so far :wink: 

@Ulnarevern‌ That's happened to me, and it was Bingo that did it. So, perhaps?
  • Options
    Probably then. By the way this would mean Bingo still fights after Tack's death so is it on purpose?
    And it seems I got lucky.
    French, low end phone, low skill early access tester. Or something like that. Or absolutely nothing like that.

• Options
    Bingo doesn't fight after normal death anyway... 

I wonder if you can kill Pete by dying when he is over an urchin so he's frozen there taking damage (with the artifact). Just a thought... 
  • Options
    It could be. In my case I don't think it was that... This is weird.

• Options
    bscotchsethbscotchseth Bscotch, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 508 Developer
    THAT IS WEIRD INDEED. Pete has been finicky about dying. He doesn't seem to like it.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    This time he seemed to really like it.
  • Options
    When buying skins/pets the yes, no, cancel buttons don't have words on them. Thought someone should point it out...
  • Options
    Hm. Thought we fixed that! Guess we better take a look.
  • Options
    FIXED!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Bug fixes and a few general updates coming down the pipe!
    • Doubloons have had their pickup radius increased. Several players reported going through the Warp Sphincter while standing near a doubloon, and they were bummed tha they didn't get the pickup. This change should alleviate that problem!
    • We have solved the "broken balance" problem, where players who reached 4,600 meters would suddenly find that the numbers in the game stopped increasing, and the player was one-shotting everything. Now, the numbers stop increasing at around 3000 meters, but they remain at a high difficulty level. In addition, the difficulty of the game begins scaling up more rapidly once the player surpasses 1000 meters.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    bsb333bsb333 Bscotch Posts: 111 Butter Churner
    - i'm not complaining but this weapon is way too good for that i'm only on 60m...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    @bsb333 Ha! That definitely is not right. Seth totally changed the scaling algorithms  and it looks like he bungled something...
  • Options
    And also like ulnaraven already said i think there is something wrong with the orb counting on the leaderbord because i collected about 140 000 orbs the last game i played but my highscore is only 51 000
  • Options
    Woop! I'll fix!

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    So, turns out the weapon HP was.. squared.

SETH COSTER
    Butterscotch Shenanigans
    Games Programmer

• Options
    Am I'm ready for petes reckoning - the final showdown?
  • Options
    YOU GOT THIS
  • Options
    Well got him :) died pretty soon afterwards though. Those boss monsters down there really are a pain in the ...
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    I did a search about QR on Pc, but it seems there is no link for it (or I'm just bad at google-ing). On your site there is info that I can get it for $5 but on the next page are available only Android&iOS versions.
  • Options
    We'll be coming back to PC with QR after Crashlands. We pulled it from PC because of distribution problems, mainly that sitting players about updates was impossible. We know what we want to so to get it back up, bit Crashlands has priority. Can you send me the link to the page you found it listed for $5?
  • Options
    EtrusanEtrusan Bscotch Posts: 71 Babbyscotch
    Do you know what distribution system you'll use or is it still in the stars?
  • Options
    We know it'll be one or both of two possibilities. First, we'll be looking into putting it on Steam contingent on how well that works out for Crashlands. Second, we'll be looking into setting up our own storefront since BscotchID fixes a lot of problems otherwise solved by the big distribution platforms (like alerting players to game updates).

With our own store we'll have tons of flexibility on how players buy our games, since right now we're limited by our agreements with the big distributors (e.g. we can't sell a game on Google Play and let people access it on iTunes without buying it there too). The major caveat there is that exposure for hosting our own store is REALLY. LOW. Meaning it won't be worth the R&D investment to get working until people are aware of our studio just as much as our games. Hence the massive branding effort with BscotchID!
  • Options
    AlphakatAlphakat Bscotch Posts: 4 Babbyscotch
    I know Im late to this discussion. If you do offer on steam, please find an alternative as well. Im having a problem with Steam that I cant resolve, and I am really hesitant to purchase more games through that venue. I bought a game, and it no longer works, and it was a huge hassle to report it to support and they still have not gotten back to me. for five bucks, I gave up on it. I've had very good results with GOG and the Humble Store because you don't need their program to run the games.
  • Options
    We will definitely look into other options. It's one of those unfortunate positions to be in, though, where every additional platform adds development and maintenance time. So in order to keep making games (instead of forever dealing with old ones) we have to choose the fewest and broadest-reaching distribution platforms.

Of course a lot of it depends on just how complex the process of setting up and updating games is on those platforms. When it's easy (like on Google Play) it isn't much of a hassle. When it's hard (like iOS and probably Steam) it's a major investment of our time.

So we'll see!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @AlphakatThe problem with GoG is that it's supposed to be DRM-free games, so it may cause a problem. The Bcotch games are more or less DRM-free BUT the BscotchID could be considered as a DRM or equivalent.

Appart from that, GoG have a pretty wide distribution range (probably still less than Steam) and you have your game on the front page when you release it, so it may be better than Steam at launch (I don't know 'cause I use Steam the less I can, but I don't see banners and stuff for just released indie games).
    I believe they try to keep stuff simple to open themselves to small, indie devs. Since I'm on GoG I've seen a few games that I would never have heard of otherwise. When Steam makes some advertising (aka News that show on launch) it's mostly for big games eveeryone has heard of OR big sales on small games.
    Since GoG is from the guys behind CD-Projeckt, I kinda believe and hope they're not complete assholes. You still have the same sales as for Steam though.

I don't know why but something bugs me with Humble Bundle. They're mostly an intermediary between buyers and Steam (a lot of keys you can buy are for steam). So they could be useful if you get on Steam (this would offer more or less the same visibility as GoG I guess) but else... I wouldn't bet on it.

• Options
    Fair points. I'll look at GoG closely.

Humble Bundles are the equivalent of free to play, because the sell value per player per game is TINY. Indies consider the main values to be exposure and to getting a chunk of cash, but it seems short sighted to me from a studio standpoint.
  • Options
    I checked the GOG terms. BscotchID will DEFINITELY violate no-DRM requirement. so we'll have to look into other non-Steam alternatives.